Discussion: Paul Ryan: Sorry Guys, It's Still No

Love the other cars just calmly using the roundabout as if this twit is doing nothing unusual. Rather like the Republican House I would say.

If not, maybe on Pluto.

Greasy sociopathic Randian little fucker still thinks he has a shot at running for POTUS. That ship done sailed.

1 Like

More realistically they also make a wonderful excuse for refusing to walk the plank for the TP.

1 Like

He could be president if he had the President and Vice President removed somehow.

Ryans were also road building and construction.

herding cats is not on his resume. he isnā€™t all that bright, but can figure out a no win stiuation.

1 Like

Heh. The great thing about this is that, in trying to keep himself unsullied for a presidential run, heā€™s probably alienating a good portion of his party by putting his own ambition above their fortunes, very possibly diminishing his future chances for the nomination. A happy outcome all around; given the mediaā€™s worship of the guy (they couldnā€™t wait to forget about his multiple lies during the 2012 campaign, which were so plentiful and such whoppers that even they finally noticed), Iā€™d rather not see how theyā€™d treat Speaker Ryan.

4 Likes

No shut-down, no debt default, if he has the sense God gave a guinea pig. Which is not certain.

Paul Ryan is a fascist and a moron, but I must say that opting out of running for Speaker is a smart move for him.

Fits right in with all the legislators who think that government is evil and laws are wrong.

Grading on the curve, Ryan is one of the smarter people in the House GOP, and knows that whoever steps in inherits a disaster. The part is well fucked, but, in the same vein, so are we all. Hhello, debt default and worldwide financial crisis. If that happens, there are some bridges Iā€™m going to burn with some of my ā€œconservativeā€ acquaintances.

Never mind the Founding Fathers rolling in graves, what is to be done now?

I hope the adults have a plan.

I doubt it. They have short memories.

The speakership is tough on careers under normal conditions so right now this tap on the shoulder must be likeā€¦ what was it Hunter Thompson wrote ā€œLike hearing the Hound of the Baskervilles pissing and sniffing around your porchā€¦ā€

Getting stomped by Smiling Joe in the debates is going to seem like summer vacation compared to whatā€™s waiting for whomever picks up the gavel.

Well, of the original three (cough) gop ā€œYoung Gunsā€ (double cough), set up to save the Republican party, two have already hit the skids. Makes one wonder what can be wrong about Ryan other than the obvious.

Isnā€™t it just too precious that The Newt volunteered to step into it?

These guys have no shame. OTOH, whenā€™s the last time we hear from Gingrich?

Empty suit.

Due to an unforeseeable morass, the GOP and itā€™s lesser parts will be taking the rest of the decade off. They will leave one staunch idiot behind to eff everything up possible, that is if the other idiots can agree on which idiot to sacrificee, I mean nominate.

Maybe they should change the title to, Shutdowner of the House or, Renigger of the House. That second one came out sounding funny but itā€™s my fav.

There is some understory here. I believe that Pete Olson, who worked for Phil Gramm earlier, had been involved in the Young Gun project early on, but then something happened. He got into congress and eventually ended up trying to impeach Cantor. Olson is still around, and I wouldnā€™t be half surprised if he isnā€™t the ā€œTexanā€ Blake Farenthold was referring to in his cryptic statements. And we thought McCarthy has trouble putting clusters of words together.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available