Discussion: NY Times Publishes Old Trump Interviews: ‘Most People Aren’t Worthy Of Respect’

Yeah I’m on the Mark Cuban team - his only product, his name, is worthless at this point and it is only a matter of time before he files for bankruptcy again.

And he has made it increasingly difficult for any Trump company to raise the capital it needs. Some of his own companies are trying to get his name off of stuff.

He’s so done!

5 Likes

I think they should change the word “trump” in Bridge, since it means you’ve won a trick. That’s how much I don’t want to hear his name anymore!

2 Likes

Trump will die a lonely old has been. The exact kind of person he despises. No one will invite him to their grand parties any more. The psychos who now love him will turn away from him because, like him, they despise losers. And the damage to his brand worldwide will drive him into another bankruptcy. He is done and all I can say is f*ck him.

6 Likes

No, a “trump” is a card from the trump suit that overrides the other suits. It does not mean you win a trick. Playing a trump will override any high card in the other suit, but another higher trump will win the trick.

1 Like

Hold on to it to dispel any bad wikileaks, and/or create a scandal bump in the polls for Clinton a few days before election day. No need to hold onto it for another Trump candidacy as that seems extremely unlikely anyway.

1 Like

Generally speaking…when used as a verb…trumping someone’s trick is a good thing.

You neglected Euchre.

Elitist…

:wink:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, but the term “trump” does NOT mean taking the trick. It means playing a trump, which may take the trick unless a higher trump is played (over-trumping).

I don’t know Euchre, so I didn’t neglect it. Guess I’m not an elitist as much as an ignoramus. :tired_face:

Bless you for your efforts.

Just as the Greatest Generation rightfully touted what they did in the Depression and WWII, so we can tell our descendants that we stopped the greatest threat to our democracy in 150 years.

4 Likes

Here in California, there are signs posted at every polling place “(This is) 100 feet from polling place” because it’s illegal for anyone to campaign inside the 100 foot limit. That means no shirts/hats/any clothing with words or pictures expressing political preference, no signs of any kind, and no asking people how they’re voting or suggesting how they should vote. Anyone violating the restriction would be asked to step outside the limit line and, if they refuse, the poll workers would presumably call police to have them removed. Is this a local thing, or is it done nationwide?

So I’ve tried doing a little word analysis of the front page of TPM for a few weeks. I use the F3 key in my browser and enter “Trump”, which shows the number of instances of the word on a page. Today it shows 35, which is actually down from a high of 53 about two weeks ago. I’ve not done Clinton as much, but today it shows 15 instances.

I’ve been reading TPM since 2000 and I’m looking forward to the day I see not a single Trump reference on the front page. It can’t come soon enough.

3 Likes

Well put.

2 Likes

a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. [His] is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

5 Likes

He is not going to start anything with his own money. Period.

Much more likely Bannon starts something to take the place of Fox and wants Donald to Host his own show titled “The Biggest Loser”.

2 Likes

Perfect.

3 Likes

A metaphor for The Donald’s whole approach to life, in fact.

2 Likes

Bold and out there? More like a 9 year old boy with no impulse control.

1 Like

“I don’t like to analyze myself because I might not like what I see.”
Join the club.

1 Like

This is about like claiming that the Montgomery marchers incited the police.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available