Discussion: NY Times Publishes Old Trump Interviews: ‘Most People Aren’t Worthy Of Respect’

BUT BUT BUT…PEOPLE IN DUCK COSTUMES RAPING TRUMP SUPPORTERS!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/25/trump-campaign-video-shows-clinton-coordinated-with-liberal-group-to-incite-crowds.html#

Seriously…THAT is the top article on Faux News right now. Their shameless propaganda has blown right past lame and disgraceful into the realm of pathetic at this point.

3 Likes

I voted early in GA, “IN …OUT — 10 min total … no oddities —”… except they had already run out of the GA Peach - I voted stickers… why, because the early vote is huge here this year… I’m feeling purple…

4 Likes

I can’t see the Orange Monster continuing in politics after he is crushed in the election. He will be shown as a failure and a loser. How can he continue to fight the GOP elite? And he will lose interest. It’s surprising he has focused as much as he has on this election.

Aside from blaming everyone and everything else for his loss, I can see him slinking away to deal with his failing businesses, which be of serious concern to him. Especially since he has to repay those loans from the Russian mafia.

Or he may go to jail. If he loses the Trump U. case, can he be jailed?

Or maybe this is wishful thinking…

3 Likes

iodide ? … Ooo … gasoline and a match ? —

1 Like

After the first debate, there was a marked difference in the actions of Clinton and Trump. Clinton’s party (Bill, Hillary, Chelsea) shook hands with whoever. They went down to the crowd. The Trump party went to the top of the auditorium, as far from the hoi polloi as possible, and talked to each other.

This happened after each debate.

It’s a tell.

5 Likes

Eh, I kind of agree with Trump. Far too many people think they deserve respect, but absolutely don’t.

Any religious shyster is at the top of the list- Santorum, Ostein, etc.

There’s almost certainly going to be the post 11/8 tweet storm. If a tweet falls in a forest of tweets will anyone hear?

3 Likes

Trump wouldn’t try a cable network. Not only would that be too expensive, there is no way he could sell enough advertisements. He’d go with a low cost subscription-only online service. Imagine this…

After the election Trump blames his loss on the lack of support from the republican party…and of course the corrupt democrats but whatever. He announces a plan to remove Ryan from the speakership of the house. That’s creates huge amounts of earned media. With that spotlight Trump starts off offering podcasts to rally the troops, and continuing to ask for donations, on Facebook and/or YouTube. After building enough followers, he offers up a premium service with Hannity and other stars from his community of followers along with as many attractive women as he can safely get to stand close to him.

2 Likes

And that is precisely why only idiots are on twitter. It’s the stupidest approach to mass media that exists.

2 Likes

He is too low energy to start up anything. He’s 70. He’s not going to create a media empire. I think if anyone really wants that it’s Uday and Qusay.

3 Likes

ya think?
Oh, and you forgot low energy. one of the few things tRump got right

3 Likes

Two years ago—hardly “old” interviews. I’d say they are very relevant to what he thinks today.

3 Likes

Trump needs the validation of others. That’s why he is so easily baited. He’s got others to do the hard work.

All Trump has to do is to keep his name in the news. I think he really could remove Ryan from the speakership without much effort and throw the republican party into chaos. That’s not a drain for Trump. He lives off of that. Then Bannon and Hannity could be put in charge of doing the actual work of producing content. Trump would just play the star like he did on The Apprentice.

2 Likes

Ok, all of that is fair enough, but it takes a lot of capital to start up a news organization from what I understand. I guess that isn’t the case if they start online, so I suppose that could happen.

And I guess we’ll see but I really and truly don’t think he’s going to stay in the news - not on front pages. We’ll have a new administration for them to report on endlessly.

1 Like

Seems like we’re running out of time for the really good stuff :grinning:

And what’s worse is that, if there is anything worse out there, HOTOG probably doesn’t even remember doing it.

1 Like

So Hillary calls half of Donnie’s supporters deplorable (low % in my opinion) and it’s horrible…OMG the worst thing she could do politically and they are all insulted…but it’s okay with Donnie says MOST people don’t deserve respect? Wouldn’t MOST include a lot of those deplorables? Hmmm?

4 Likes

I think Trump could have done it, if he’d managed to keep his Potemkin Empire out of the light. But he decided to do a vanity run for the Presidency, and it has ruined his ability o play with other peoples’ money.

1 Like

What I find interesting about the NYT article is that it emphasizes the degree to which Trump worries about how he is perceived. So yes he is a sociopath and cannot view other people except as objects (no wonder he thinks people aren’t worthy of respect). But he still wants to be admired. This is his one last thread of connection to humanity and it is also his undoing. In every case it has been the idea of someone not admiring him that has driven him to his out of control craziness.

3 Likes

These are revealing clues to The Donald Drumpf’s worldview. He sounds like nothing else as much as the Hollywood insiders as portrayed in the HBO series Entourage. Marketability to mass audiences is the sole and true marker of worth. This perception explains his focus on staying in the spotlight by saying outrageous things to his “audience” (aka, the rightwing base) and his total reliance on live performances (aka, rallies) as his campaign activity. He’s a one-trick pony and he will keep doing that trick until he dies. Christ, what an asshole.

3 Likes

I didn’t even expect him to be capable of that much self-reflection.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available