Discussion: NBC News: Longtime DNC Officials Ousted Under Chairman Perez

HRC is an incredibly competent; thoughtful and effective communicator.

That alone does not win elections.

3 Likes

Her “Women’s Rights Are Human Rights” speech was quite good.
So were numerous others.

She is not, and has never been, an inspirational speaker like Obama or Bobby Kennedy.
Speakers like that are relatively rare.

6 Likes

I’m wondering if it is the best time to sweep clean the DNC in this unprecedented time of chaos. I’m wondering if this time we can put together a team of young, new, with old, experienced, because I think we’ll need both.

4 Likes

Obviously, it means that Clinton will use the rules to make her “missing” emails even more “missing,” which will enable her to make billions of dollars from the Clinton foundation. Also, she will start a nuclear war with Russia, put Bernie supporters in FEMA camps, wipe out red states with hurricanes, and take away any guns that are loud when they fire.

11 Likes

and where pray tell did NBC get this information? Drudge? RT? Breitbart?

4 Likes

And in today’s situation I would like to count on experience more than words.

3 Likes

Agreed. This story suggests the removals were based solely on who they supported for DNC chair or in the primary. Surely there’s a lot more work done and contribution made by people on the DNC than just supporting a particular candidate. If Dems can’t work with each other, they’re not going to be able to govern any better than the Repulicans.

1 Like

As Rachel Maddow says, "Don’t watch what they say. Watch what they do."

5 Likes

I think, just like any problem, the first step to recovery is to admit we have a problem.

Our first problem is the values of the ‘leadership’ are not aligning with those of the membership.
Our next problem is we concede too many races without even putting forward a candidate.
Our third problem is the gerrymandering we have allowed to fester into an incumbent protection racket.

4 Likes

Her speech accepting the nomination was a remarkable and memorable speech for both its content and delivery.

6 Likes

Yes, and that turned out splendidly, as I recall. So, let´s reward her and her crew, and not incorporate any of the Democrats who supported Sanders, ´cos Sanders had an ¨I¨ after his name.

3 Likes

That might just be a personal bias by the writer.
And you can be sure that there’s lots more to it.

4 Likes

What she has is tremendous command of topics. She knows her shit. But, TV wants us to hire entertainers to run the country.

17 Likes

I saw a couple stories on this yesterday that were a bit more nuanced. While some Bernie endorsers and Ellison supporters were jettisoned, others were added. More union leaders were added, the largest number in recent years. Native American representation was increased. The first Dreamer was added. Other great folks were added.

Meanwhile, Zogby being dropped from the Executive Committee (but remaining an at-large member of the DNC) may have had more to do with his strident rhetoric on Israel than his support for Bernie.

Don’t get me wrong, I WOULD be concerned about a purge of (for lack of a better term) the “Sanders-Warren wing” of the party, if that’s really what is going on – never forget the “better inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in” advice from LBJ.

But a report like this could be more like a shit-stirring overinterpretation of normal personnel changes, based on a range of factors, and not a deliberate attempt to marginalize a particular group.

I’m going to wait for more information.

21 Likes

“I belong to no organized political party. I am a Democrat.”

Will Rogers.

Still true 80 years later.

5 Likes

Absent verifiable evidence, that’s just your highly biased opinion.

Again, your opinion, and again without any evidence.

You cannot blame the gerrymandering by Republican state legislators on Democrats and expect to be taken seriously.

1 Like

Let’s wait and see. Sometimes organizations need to be shaken up to improve performance.

If the DNC can bring in some better strategists and better political consultants than the losers they’ve had, then there is hope.

If they are just consolidating, increasing, and concentrating the losing strategists and consultants of the past 8 years, then there isn’t much hope.

3 Likes

Sometime in the future, you will make a really good argument that I will feel compelled to respond to. This isn’t it.

6 Likes

I look forward to seeing your verifiable evidence to the contrary.

I blame gerrymandering on everyone involved. It is fundamentally vote rigging and public corruption. and I’m not sure why you’re defending it.

1 Like

Only Democrat running in the General Election, I believe she was not the only one running in the Democratic Primaries. But then you just glossed over the article and didn’t fully read it, before foaming at the mouth!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available