Discussion: NBC News: Longtime DNC Officials Ousted Under Chairman Perez

Would you also like to give your opinion on how her campaign had to fight more than one opponent?

8 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

She “lost” because she was a boring candidate who’d been demonized for the past 20 years, James Comey, and Trump got about a zillion times more airtime, and the “pure” Stein and Bernie voters. And the Russians, of course. Anything else? Oh yeah, she actually won.

20 Likes

Not to mention the Russian interference in the Election…which has gone from what the GOP and the Media dutifully described as “clearly not affecting either the vote totals nor the outcome of the election,” to much more probable active fuckery. Fuckery which the Administration clearly planned to conceal by appointing Jeff Sessions at DOJ, Mike Pompeo at CIA, Dan Coats as DNI. Fuckery the extent of which is made clear by Devin Nunes’ bizarre midnight ride to the White House and his continued attempts to subvert his Committee’s investigation. Fuckery which is manifest in Jared Kushner’s documented attempt to create an invisible “back channel” to communicate with the Russian Klepto Government. Fuckery evident in Donald Trump’s initial perception that James Comey helped him win and later decision to fire him.

23 Likes

Felicitations.

1 Like

In an election not too long ago we had to run a primary against a member of our party who was ineffectual. We played hardball to win and we replaced him with a better candidate who went on to defeat his republican opponent.

Politics is a contact sport; it’s not for the delicate.

4 Likes

@carlosfiance
@established_1781

Please flag Thunderclapnewman’s profane, verbally-abusive, and personally insulting posts by clicking the flag at the bottom of the post. Posts like these are inappropriate to the forum; they add nothing of value and show no respect for civil conversation or other readers.

They are simply attempts at trying to bully and intimidate other commenters.

He has been warned by moderators for posts like these in the past, but apparently does not have the self-control to refrain from bullying.

5 Likes

Maybe this will bring about some changes, but so far, Mr. Perez has brought nothing I can see to the party leadership. He is visually absent in the media and when he does show up, he speaks in the most awful string of sound bites, strung together in a poor attempt to be meaningful. A classic case of making noises with your mouth but not saying anything. So far he is disappointment.

The party should be visibly taking stands and setting the stage for 2018 on a daily basis, but if this is the leadership of the Dem’s, then we could very well be handing the prize back to the current leadership.

Tom! Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

5 Likes

I think we need more and better reporting before we start fighting. It is not unusual for a winner to dump an opponent’s supporters. This story seems designed to promote division. I for one don’t chose to participate until I know more.

15 Likes

“Democrats in Disarray”

“Y’all have a nice cliché”

4 Likes

I agree. From what I’ve heard - and mind you, I don’t have an inside track that goes all the way to the top of the DNC just some fairly connected party stalwart - this was more about house-cleaning and getting rid of some internal slow-pokes who were gumming up the works rather than getting ready for 2018.

6 Likes

You are using one example of winning and tactics. I would like to know how you would propose winning with a good candidate that had 30 years of shit thrown at her, 17 possible opponents, a foreign government flinging propaganda all over the place, a candidate that wasn’t judged on her actions but her spouse’s, and candidate that is a woman going up against the greatest bullshitting racist misogynist that has ever run in a Presidential contest.

10 Likes

Yes, it should be.

1 Like

Shake it Up Baby. This imho is good news!

1 Like

Magic unicorn revolution dust. I’d go with that.

9 Likes

To further expand my point: I have given a substantial amount of money - for me - to the DNC over the years. I am disinclined to give anything further if they do not seem to be doing the necessary steps to expand their staff beyond the usual suspects. For example, I still get emails from Donna Brazile asking for money, even though Donna Brazile gave HRC questions in advance of a HRC/Sanders town hall. If the Democrats are trying to gather the votes of Sanders supporters, why would they put her out there? It´s cronyism, and incompetence. The Red Cross does good things, but I don´t give them money because I don´t think that they would use my money as well as a better run organization. The DNC was a fucked up organization during the last few elections, and I am thoroughly unconvinced as to their commitment to chance, or their competence to do so.

3 Likes

It sounds like you’re suggesting that someone should have recognized some of these items before the campaign and developed a mitigation plan. Which I would agree with.

Or it sounds like you’re suggesting that someone in a leadership role should have recognized these factors as impacting the candidates ability to prevail, and made the decision to ask her to step aside in favor of a less problematic candidate.

Either way, there was a robust discussion and concern about her viability as candidate before the election. Some people holding that the only candidate Trump could win against being HRC.

I doesn’t matter if you agree with me. I am simply pointing out that the sloppiness of the team that lost last time appears to be re-entrenching at the DNC again.

2 Likes

Martin O’Malley was running for about 45 minutes.

2 Likes

When in her life did Hillary ever give a good speech?

1 Like

File this under “About Fucking Time”. There are 2 things on Perez’ agenda as far as I am concerned:

1. Prevent the expansion of caucuses.
  2. Kick out every saboteur.

I don’t care about anything else. In a more ideal setting, I would have a number of reforms, but the DNC just isn’t that important except for the propaganda value that it gave the Russians and the unwitting and witting Berners who screwed the country in 2016.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available