Discussion: NBC News: Longtime DNC Officials Ousted Under Chairman Perez

1 Like

Is there any there there? Color me dubious.

The DNC has been underperforming for a long time. A shakeup could be a good thing. Whether this will work out remains to be seen.

But stories that encourage re-fighting 2016 only play into Republican hands. (And those are dirty.)

37 Likes

I see HRC’s lazy acolytes are gearing up to lose more elections in 2018; business as usual. When will we learn I wonder.

As the saying goes, ‘I didn’t leave the party so much as it left me’.

5 Likes

Oh I can’t wait to hear the new kooky conspiracies over this.

21 Likes

This thread should be a respectful, insightful exchange of ideas.

42 Likes

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH A AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I needed a good laugh this morning!

Nice snark there!

9 Likes

NBC also reported that there is an over-representation of former presidential candidate and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton backers on the Rules and Bylaws Committee, which sets the rules for the Democratic presidential primaries.

WTF does this even mean? Clinton was the only Democrat running.

30 Likes

HRC ran a lousy campaign. But that doesn’t mean that everyone who worked for her was responsible. And lazy? Mistaken, but not lazy. Hillary worked a lot harder than Drumpf during the campaign.

Now, as for the results of last year’s Democratic infighting: Get over it.

12 Likes

“Zogby, who backed Sanders in the Democratic primaries and is the president of the Arab American Institute, was removed from his post.”

“NBC also reported that there is an over-representation of former presidential candidate and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton backers on the Rules and Bylaws Committee.”

There goes the required progressive transformation necessary to win elections.

8 Likes

I have actually no idea at all what this may mean. Anybody able to clarify for me?

8 Likes

…and the gauntlet is thrown down!

1 Like

Susan Sarandon will have to do something about this.

20 Likes

More same old same old.

2 Likes

Just…yawn?

2 Likes

Let’s not screw up 2018 by in fighting!

9 Likes

With respect I disagree. For the same reason that President Obama succeeded in 2008, Hillary lost in 2016.

Setting aside Trump*/Russia collusion and GOP vote rigging, Hillary’s folks made the same mistakes all over again; they failed to closely follow and craft an electoral map path to victory. I remember 2008 where she looked gut-punched when she figured out that Obama’s team were building their campaign on the formula of delegate and electoral votes.

There was no slip-shot ‘hope’ that ‘manifest destiny’ would magically produce a victory. They did the hard work of crunching the numbers and paying attention to that precinct math. How many votes does it take to win an election? One. Fifty percent plus one that is.

She seemed to think that a good speech was the same as having as a solid ground campaign. And she paid the price for it.

4 Likes

Okay kiddos, I’m just posting this to let you know I’ll stay away from this thread hereafter. “Have a good time!” :expressionless:

9 Likes

Horseshit, dear.

You have no idea what is going on at the DNC—and neither do I, and neither does anyone else here.

But your negative outlook is exactly what Republicans want.

30 Likes

Not to mention that she won the popular vote both in the general election and in the primaries.

15 Likes

I wonder how NBC arrived at the conclusion that there is any kind of “over-representation” on any of the party’s committees, etc.?

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available