Discussion: NBC News: Longtime DNC Officials Ousted Under Chairman Perez

So you’re both the good cop and the bad cop.
Appropriately farcical.

17 Likes

You know, you´d kinda sorta hope that the DNC might give people reason to do just that, wouldn´t you?
But instead, if this report is true, then they are reverting back to the same clique that fucked up the last election.

2 Likes

My ethics are situational.

old_curmudgeon made a reasonable statement so I tried to write a reasonable answer.

Whereas thunderclapnewman may run hot or cold, but can never resist being an asshole. So I give him the response he earns.

2 Likes

Poster was responding to two different people, who were using very different tones in their own posts, so that analogy doesn’t hold up very well.

3 Likes

Yeah, she should have done a better job of convincing a lot of white people in rural and swing states to give up their latent racism and misogyny.

19 Likes

Oh, come on. Whatever you think of his points, he is responding to two different posts which are very different in tone. Thunderclap, for all his good points, tends to go right to flaming when he disagrees with someone.

4 Likes

No she should have spent more time on ensuring/fool-proofing critical precincts went her way in swing states that prevented the ridiculous electoral college from flipping the will of the American People.

2 Likes

Now that there’s the flaw in your logic.

7 Likes

50% plus 1? Hillary won the popular vote by millions.

I’m was not happy with her campaign. I thought that she would take over the Obama operation; instead (and perhaps Obama bears a bit of responsibility for this), she rebuilt her campaign from 2007-08. And we know where that led. But that does not mean that all the people who worked on that campaign were fools or duffers. Some of them may even have learned from their experiences.

7 Likes

RNC Lite. They have been a welfare office for “Democratic bigwigs” since Carville, Ford and others who couldn’t get a job on Wall St. at the time. Revenge and vengeance aren’t carrots for bringing the Party together. The Democratic Party shouldn’t be a one size fits all organization. Because it obviously doesn’t.

One more time, ralph: In my home county in Michigan, they voted twice for Obama, and then went to Trump, and the candidate who won the highest vote percentage in the past ten years was a woman. They were no more racist or misogynist (though some of the voters were without doubt) in this election that they were in the last two. Of course racism and misogyny were big factors, but assuming that you can´t change the flaws in the American character overnight, or at least between elections, thnn just calling the voters racist sexist fucks does fuck-all. at least in terms of winning elections.

4 Likes

I disagree. If you’ve ever attended any of the Wellstone type training or participated in a well run campaign, you would know it’s about the granular details of precincts math and knowing where to spend your limited coin.

HRC given her gravitas and bucket-loads of money should not have lost. Yes she was robbed; but her campaign invited it through its’ lazy approach to the un-glamorous mechanics of campaigning. You cannot ‘outsource’ the critical parts of a campaign.

3 Likes

But Nomiki Konst still has a job there? Huh.

1 Like

I’m a little bit pissed and a LOT worried about this new ‘thing’. I thought we were going to spend a little less time on identity politics and focus on UNITY. Guess not.

2 Likes

Clearly you are an Optimist.

From the information given in this article, I fear that the Dems may be suffering from a not-unusual situation where folks are more focused on playing the internal game of party politics and power accumulation than on the essential game of beating republicans.

5 Likes

Pick one. You really can’t have both.

4 Likes

My general point was the flaws that led to her defeat in 2008 seemed to be present in 2016. Her campaign was bold, big and grand- but from my perspective lacked the detailed oriented structure to leverage the complicated math required to succeed in an election.

3 Likes

Sure I can. Are you seriously suggesting that there are only two options to a given question?

I think you need a more multi-disciplinary approach to life.

1 Like

Yeah, because that’s the primary reason she lost. Funny how Obama didn’t lose. Did the latent racism and misogyny in those white rural people only recently manifest? I’m thinking it manifested sooner.

Also, in response to other posters, the fact that she won the popular vote and still didn’t win the election means her team screwed up somewhere. I’m a yellow dog Democrat, but I can criticize my team when they screw up.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available