Discussion: NBC News: Longtime DNC Officials Ousted Under Chairman Perez

They better get a move on then. We should have been laying the ground game and messaging strategy months ago.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m happy to be patient and wait for nuanced information to come out. We all think the DNC needs to change, but change is hard and there’s a lot of money to be made pitching stories and trollnews over disagreements about the change.

1 Like

Logical fallacy—not helpful to your cause. You made the assertions, so you have to provide the evidence.

Yes it is vote-rigging and corruption. I in no way defended it—if you had bothered to actually read what I wrote, you’d see how wrong you are here.
I merely stated that you cannot blame democrats for what Republicans did.

4 Likes

Sounds like laziness by the writer, pushing the changes to fit into the narrative of infighting among Dems in order to make a somewhat non story into a story.

9 Likes

"Dems In Disarray" is the default position for most of the media.

Meanwhile, the GOP is dissolving into 3 or 4 different parties—and it’s getting short shrift from the press.

10 Likes

I suspect there is literally nothing to this, as most news with the DNC, but the optics of this will rile up the Bernie Bots who already think Perez is an Establishment Shill™ (definition changing to fit any needed situation of course). Will want to see why they were removed and if they’re replaced, by whom, but ultimately all that matters is if they are dedicated Democrats with experience in their respected positions who can do their job and stay under the radar (adding that last bit because what the DNC doesn’t need is internal conflict, but people who want to elect Democrats, not change the party as party change is handled by elected officials and voters).

8 Likes

When a new boss comes in to a dysfunctional organization, it takes some time to sort out what’s what and whose who. I hope Perez has done that.

There is a saying in organizations that when there is a battle between culture and strategy, culture always wins. In my opinion, for the last 8 years, the DNC has a culture of entitlement and losing - “send us your money because we’re not Republicans and the losing is not our fault.”

Perez needs to change the culture to starting turning red states blue, and maybe this is the first major step.

@vtrc

3 Likes

And yet, you managed to find the time to produce some weak-tea snark. I appreciate your effort.

1 Like

hmmm, yes…

Current senators saying the president has to be treated like a baby and is threat to the world and on the other side you have Bannon announcing open war on almost all current GOP reps. But hey its the Dems that are divided because they swapped out some positions in spots most people don’t even know about with people that most people don’t know about.

8 Likes

There is no “Sanders-Warren” wing. Warren endorsed Hillary. People need to stop conflating the two; it’s either naïve or disingenuous.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that my biggest concern is the potential loss of diversity (Siperstein & Zogby) or the signals of such. Granted, I don’t know anything about them, so it could be that they were obstructive/self-destructive, had no interest in the duties entailed, etc. But, I hope that there are still prominent voices for Arabs and transgendered people within the organization.

5 Likes

Trying to be polite. Obviously a waste of time.

4 Likes

Well, “Dems In Disarray” is true.

The dissolution of the GOP is getting talked about a lot in the media - too much, in my opinion. Steve Bannon and his white nationalist ideas do not deserve the massive publicity he is currently getting.

1 Like

Both Sanders and Warren strongly support single-payer healthcare, and there are some Dems who think that is too radical. So maybe that’s part of it.

Oh, I didn´t think that you were at all! .

1 Like

I’ve gone through and scrubbed this thread. I hope that everyone can remain civil. I have little patience today and will not hesitate to issue time-outs for the rest of the day if we can’t be respectful.

5 Likes

You’re right she wasn’t the only democrat in the primary… But then O’Malley dropped out pretty early so it’s still sort of true.

1 Like

A shame. That’s as nice as I get. Toodles.

2 Likes

Did you read this article about the black voters in the Milwaukee area?

Detroit too:

“From what I saw, a lot of African Americans did not go out to vote,” said Wilfred Blackmon, 70, president of a residents group of 3,000 homes on Detroit’s blue-collar northwest side. Blackmon, a Clinton supporter, said he’d voted in every election since he was 18. Yet, a few weeks ago, Blackmon heard Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan on the radio.

Farrakhan “was disenchanted with Hillary. He went back to the days of Bill Clinton and the increased incarceration of black people,” Blackmon said, adding: “A lot of people listen to him.”

I was always curious why both Hillary and Bill became so unpopular with the blacks when they had both been so popular with the black community. Then I heard of this documentary titled “13th”. I watched it and now there is no mystery why they lost their popularity. That movie makes them look very bad, It was released on October 7th, 2016.Yep, a month before the election. Ava DuVernay now is working on a big budget movie of over 100 million. A first. I wonder, is she being well rewarded?

I watched the movie here: http://123hulu.com/watch/qd7Qy1xK-13th.html
If you watch it on Netflix or at that link, you’ll see why Hillary lost a lot of the black vote. Still, people are going to tilt at the Sarandon windmill and I encourage it, It makes me smile now. Sarandon sprinted off the cliff of reality with her revolution talk and if many here want to follow her by blaming her for Hillary’s loss, so be it. The woman is worth 50 million and bought a 1.75 million tiny apartment in Greenwich Village. The only way she’d revolt if she lost her favorite tax deductions and Trump bought all the coffee houses in Greenwich Village. At the end of the day, if the blacks had voted for Hillary as anticipated, she would’ve won PA, MI and Wisconsin.

2 Likes

That’s a single issue. I’m sure they both support regulating banks, too. At which point, we could call it the Clinton-Sanders-Warren wing.

Kirsten Gillibrand has been pushing Medicare for all since 2006, iirc. But people don’t say it’s the Sanders-Gillibrand wing.

7 Likes

I agree that “Sanders-Warren wing” is an imprecise and unsatisfactory label, which is why I said “for lack of a better term.” There is a lot of overlap between Bernie supporters and Warren supporters, and the two are reportedly close allies and mutual admirers. But there’s also plenty of overlap between Hillary supporters and Warren supporters. So I’ll cop to lazily using a term that I have seen used as shorthand for this faction, but perhaps shouldn’t be. If you have a better (while still non-pejorative) term for the faction we’re referring to, I’m open to it.

In any event, I didn’t intend to imply that Warren endorsed Bernie in the primary. In fact she remained neutral, waited until the primary was over, and then endorsed Hillary… a few weeks before Bernie endorsed Hillary.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available