Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

Like Rick Wilson’s book title says, “Everything Trump Touches Dies.” Without tRump, Kavanaugh would have continued his cushy Federal Court gig, sitting on the knowledge that he once (maybe more?) tried to rape a woman with no one the wiser. He could have said no thanks to tRump when nominated, but now, here he is in deep doo-doo. tRump’s magic touch at work, but then the decision not to withdraw his nomination when the anonymous accusation first came out is completely the fault of an arrogant Kavanaugh who figured he could weather the storm with some more lies. And perhaps he will, and go on to join Clarence Thomas - a pair of resentful, angry misogynistic bookends for SCOTUS

19 Likes

A change is going to come in 50 days!

YAHOO!

7 Likes

Ya know, if the republicans weren’t pushing this nomination through at ludicrous speed, the timeline Grassley whines about wouldn’t be a factor.

18 Likes

I think confirmation is now very politically dangerous. The Republicans are still expected to retain control of the Senate. If they confirm Kavanaugh before the mid-terms they increase the chances of losing both chambers – and for what? To put in this guy to protect Trump? We’re at the beginning of the end there. The Manafort flip tipped the scale – it’s done and everyone in Washington knows it. So what do they have to gain? They can get another right-wing nut with much less baggage than Kavanaugh in there…

22 Likes

I looked at the list of Georgetown Prep alumni who wrote the July letter vouching for BK.
One person from Kavanaugh’s class who is missing is MD State Senator Richard Madaleno…he is a Democrat. He used to be at the high school parties. He was a nice guy. Might be interesting to see what he thinks?

One might also want to revisit that July letter and compare it to a list of '83 grads of Prep…see who else is missing…?

23 Likes

About the 65 women’s testimonial. Even if legit, about which I am skeptical, how many times have neighbors and relatives of the serial killer, when caught, say how surprised they were and how good he was to his mother/kids/pets, etc.? This letter is a PR device and in no way exculpatory. But then, you all knew that.

26 Likes

I fear you are correct. Anita Hill involved dirty talk; this involves premeditated and attempted rape,
We can only hope it’s enough for a couple of female senators to do the right thing, but I am not optimistic.

12 Likes

3,2,1 all fake, why she even went back in time to establish the fake facts…

4 Likes

Or a “military academy,” like the one Dump attended.

9 Likes

Or his wife.

1 Like

“…how good he was to his mother/kids/pets, etc …”

Been hearing it all my life. Humans just love irony. In this case however, a lot of work and shoe leather went into collecting these signatures. Imagine signing something like this. It is in no way exculpatory.

4 Likes

Yes, and as I said last night, it certainly didn’t work for Franken.

7 Likes

♫ I’ve looked at Trump from both sides now ♫

3 Likes

But then there’s this angle …

11 Likes

Not only did she respect the victim’s wishes but I think she believed there was so much negative about this guy that it wouldn’t be needed. And she disregarded it because it was high school, but character in a person tends not to change over a lifetime. If he would do this, his character is not worthy of the Supreme Court.

15 Likes

He really goes for the woman abusers - they are his kind of guys.

12 Likes

I’ve heard feminists say, “Every man is a potential rapist.” Well yeah, but only in the sense that every woman is a potential murderer.

3 Likes

Ewww, Gross!

8 Likes

This is outrageous. If Kavanaugh has any ounce of respect for the judiciary , he will withdraw his own nomination.

8 Likes

How about Kavanaugh’s record being kept from the Senate? Fuck off, little lawyer.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available