Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

Yes. I’m thinking that if he has one iota of decency (I know, I know), he will withdraw for the sake of his wife and children. Not holding my breath. Thomas did (does) not have kids.

2 Likes

So how many will be playing pass the hot potato potatoe?

3 Likes

The Republicans knew this was out there and were trying to prepare for it. Who here can name 65 people they knew in high school but didn’t go to the same school, locate them and get them to sign a letter testifying to your good character all in a couple of days? Could you testify to the good character of all those people from high school years or would the best you could do would be to say that you didn’t know him that well but he never bothered you or “ seemed ok” or similar?

17 Likes

Middle and upper middle class delinquency is every bit as prevalent as working class delinquency.
It simply differs in in how it’s manifested. And it it seldom exposed or punished unless it involves some serious crime.
Incidents like this are a dime a dozen among this type. I was too poor to be part of this tribe, but came in contact with its members in college and in the military. Some of the things they boasted about were stunning.

10 Likes

Yeah the whole 65 women vouching for him on that basis is probably the biggest pile of shit I’ve seen the GOP try to shove down the country’s throat yet.

17 Likes

I don’t think that that is his thing…I think that his issues are w/ people outside of his social class. Women who are empowered (and who may not support our gov’t being run by an all white male conservative elite) are what irks him.
Democrats/liberals too. People of middle class and lower status. POC. People of religions other than Catholicism and possibly Protestantism. People not of Western European descent.

His daughter’s basketball team is all the children of the elite…so he supports that. B/c they will support him.

7 Likes

As a man I’d say men are pretty driven by their sexual desires, so the likelihood a man was done some unwanted sexual advances to a woman are pretty high. A lot higher than the small majority of women, who tend to be non-violent, of committing murder.

2 Likes

Actually he was discrete enough to mask him as “Bart O’Kavanaugh”.

7 Likes

Chuck needs to come forward and say, “If this nomination goes through, I hope women remember it on Election Day. Which is in 52 days and counting. Tuesday, November 6th.”

9 Likes

FIFY, Carrie

7 Likes

It’s almost like he’s begging us to ask a question, non?

(scrambles for cover…)

7 Likes

So where is nickdanger? We need to have him explain to us that an anonymous accusation… oh, wait… that if she didn’t call the police at the time and waited until now, it never happened. Or if it did, that “all guys do this,” and then get coy about telling us about the times he’s done this.

8 Likes

Well, if you’re male, and if you’re a Republican, this is probably true.

1 Like

Jhands…exactly. And if evidence of prior knowledge…it better be in the NYT or WaPo in a day or two. The window is closing

10 Likes

Was Senator Collins one of them?

1 Like

Fraufrei: It’s not the system. It’s not the government. It is the people who control those things.

3 Likes

I have so much sorrow for her. Because it’s for nothing. She’s about to be slandered and defamed, and will be getting death threats and more, and GOP will still vote to confirm him.

One thing - what is the chance this was a one time thing? I find it hard to believe that he ONLY did this once in high school.

This is probably a plus for them. 2 rapey dudes on SCOTUS.

9 Likes

“All of them, Katie…”

7 Likes

GOP will still vote to confirm him
50 days before the midterms
I seriously doubt it especially if all the dems hold firm
They would lose women’s vote by a mountain

3 Likes

Yes, it’s creepy and it sucks too. There is something more sinister to me about the delinquency of the powerful though. There is an indifference to the victims…a disposability of them…they do not seem them as human beings…so they don’t really think or care about the consequences of their actions on other people. And they have parents and friends and friends of parents who will happily make it all go away.
The working class and even middle class (with maybe the exception of cops) do not generally have these sorts of connections so there is more of an accountability.

Please note, though, w/ this crowd, middle class is the same as poor… DC is run by this crowd and they are huge snobs.
They hated the Carters b/c they were “white trash”. The Bushes are elite WASPs (and conservative). Bill & Hillary were also considered white trash, but b/c Bill & Hillary did not abide by the unspoken rules of the DC elite, they had to be taught a lesson…and this group is STILL going after Bill & Hillary. It is sick.
Barack and Michelle figured this (ugly DC elite) dynamic out and so they wisely didn’t try to fit in or socialize w/ the locals.
Ivanka and Jared (like Bill & Hillary) thought they could conquer it…they had no clue…

It is such an ugly, vicious group and BK is at the center of it… I was surprised that he didn’t try to hide it during his confirmation hearings.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available