Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

“I, David Dennison, can vouch for the good character of Bart O’Kavanaugh. No moral turpitude! Angry Democrats!”

41 Likes

I hope she is a strong person. We have seen this script played out before, and it never goes well for the victim standing in the way of a figure with power and influence (and no conscience).

64 Likes

Yup, she’s about to be run through the wringer for sure.

14 Likes

Yup. GOP playbook. Blame the victim and the messengers:

29 Likes

The GOP knew about this and clearly did nothing in terms is an investigation.

38 Likes

I hope she hires some protection. Even if her life was not in danger with a drunken Brett Kavanaugh pawing at her and attempting to silence her so he could rape her, her life is surely in danger now.

22 Likes

This should, by any rights, be enough to move all of the red-state D’s and Murkowski and Collins into the “no” column. I’m skeptical as to whether it does, though. Let’s see Kavanaugh deny this under oath. I’m sure he would, given that he’s already most likely committed perjury in previous hearings, but the D’s need to demand that he be brought back to respond to this before the Senate.

33 Likes

I read somewhere this morning that’s Kavanaugh’s accomplice actually wrote a book, now out of print, speaking of the drunken culture at the Georgetown prep school they attended. I’ll see if I can find it…

Here 'tis

Brett Kavanaugh’s High School Friend Isn’t Helping the Nominee’s Case

None of this will upend his nomination of course, becuz Evangelical Christians everywhere are sacrificing small animals in celebration of this historic Beelzebub buyout.

34 Likes

The Anita Hill treatment.?

20 Likes

More than ever, Kavanaugh represent’s today’s GOP.

24 Likes

Whenever I read that someone went to an “elitist” boys school, I just know the chances of them being arrogant misogynists without compassion or empathy are pretty high.

21 Likes

I know of these entitled private school white pricks–they are splattered all around DC in law firms–and continue to embrace the values of daddy and mommy from decades ago–membership at exclusive golf and country clubs, the acceptability of gentlemen’s Cs at elite schools where they decry affirmative action, Greek fraternity life while drinking their way through Ivy League schools, agreeable and perky but not too smart wives from wealthy families, reliance on hired help to scrub their pots. Most of them are innocuous and what they did in the past doesn’t much matter except to a few people. But putting one of them on SCOTUS who has this type of totally believable accusation against him, is unacceptable. Let’s see who has the balls in the Senate to say no. Enough is enough.

46 Likes

Can’t be bothered to dig up the post in question, but just repeating that my first comment when I observed Kavanaugh up close for the first time was that this guy had skeletons in his closet in relation to women. You could just smell the repressed, incel-like anger off him. So this story comes as zero surprise. There are more ugly stories out there too, I’ll bet.

32 Likes

Brett Kavanaugh is exhibit “A” for misogynist-his words, his opinions regarding women, his acts.

11 Likes

It gets better/worse. The accomplice’s memoir references a “Bart Kavanaugh” getting drunk enough to puke in someone’s car and pass out.

10 Likes

What’s also disturbing is the number of people seemingly willing to blame Feinstein and not tRump’s vetting process or SCOTUS nominating team out of the Federalist Society for picking this creep. Blaming Feinstein is getting to be more the story than the story itself…and its getting amplified in the media by halfwit reporters as well. I really don’t think Feinstein was trying to protect Kavanaugh, so I really don’t know why she’s getting the blame. The committee has had plenty to hang Kavanaugh on, but the GOP simply doesn’t give a damn if he’s a lying sack of shit.

Eh, fuck all this…I gotta mop the kitchen floor.

43 Likes

I am calling Mitch and the Judiciary Committee to demand they delay their vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination! Also request they re-open hearings so we can hear both of them questioned on the event!

What will you do?

19 Likes

Both sides doncha know, both sides.

15 Likes

Excellent, excellent point.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available