Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

I’ll drink to that and so will he!

3 Likes

I can already hear the indignant righteous ones tell us what it disgrace it is that the Democrats are doing this! To such a brave man! With two little girls! The shame! The disgrace! Where’s Don, anyways? What kind of dog will Mrs. Ford be, I wonder?

7 Likes

Lots, obviously. But I want to see them do it on TV.

Inconvenient for them that Ms Ford had the devilish foresight to discuss the matter privately with her therapist years ago.

15 Likes

Merrick Garland.

12 Likes

That’s right - I had forgotten about that. He told Trump not to nominate him.

11 Likes

Special K. is not McConnell’s man? Aww, too bad! I would love to see this fly right in McConnell’s ugly face for disrespecting Obama and packaging that other defective, Gorsuch, for a SC seat. Pay back is indeed a bitch!

7 Likes

What they did do was get the letter from women, who were prepared to say he was an unbelievably nice man who wouldn’t hurt a fly, organised and delivered.

6 Likes

All of a sudden that statement takes on an entirely different valence. Are we going to find out that there’s no problem about him being in the locker room?

11 Likes

Keep pushing back on the crap excuses or faux outrage.

25 Likes

Hopefully more people come forward - usually there are people with knowledge hiding in the shadows

7 Likes

Kavanaugh and his handlers made him out to be perfect, a gentleman for his entire life, a saint. Kavanaugh is an entitled prick who breezed through a prep school life of drinking and debauchery and was never ever held accountable.

16 Likes

No wonder Donald likes him.

4 Likes

It’s just not Trump’s day, month, year.

21 Likes

McConnell’s wattle is vibrating at 10,000 Hz as we write.

22 Likes

I doubt it will be that blatant. If you read Petri’s satire piece (which is quite good), she’s not suggesting that, either. But I do agree this particular posturing sure feels a lot different today than it did yesterday.

10 Likes

Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa and the Judiciary Committee chairman, said in a statement on Sunday that if Ms. Feinstein had taken the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh seriously, she should have brought them up much earlier. “It raises a lot of questions about Democrats’ tactics and motives to bring this to the rest of the committee’s attention only now,” Mr. Grassley said.

So let’s throw this whole rapey thing out. After all, the GOP would never resort to such underhanded actions.

7 Likes

She named an eye witness. Named him by name. That’s a pretty strong inducement.

13 Likes

I commented on another thread a couple of days ago. I went to a public high school which is 5 minutes from Georgetown Prep. I graduated in 1983, the same year at BK graduated from Prep and I hung out w/ his crowd that summer and over holidays for about the next ten years. A couple of my friends dated a couple of those guys. After college, I dated one of them.
Her story is very credible.because I have been at their parties and know several women who were sexually assaulted by this group. I stopped hanging out w/ them after a very frightening incident at a holiday party where I realized that they could do anything to me and the rest of them would cover up for him.
The clan is like the Kennedys/Chappaquiddick/Skakel crowd…entitled, snobby, insular w/ a vicious streak. They have very conservative views of women and their place. Misogyny for sure.

These guys went to an all boys school and my impression is that they didn’t have a lot of experience w/ girls, not seeing them as friends or equals…they were socially immature. They could be sweet and charming one on one, but in a group, they could be like a wolf pack. Looking back, I am so grateful for the friendship of my public school male friends…they provided me w/ a positive balance to all of this.
The prep boys also sorted people into “good families” (private school, elite, powerful, wealthy or extremely ambitious) and “white trash” (everyone else). I largely blame their parents.
Those who were extremely ambitious but w/ no social clout or power would back up the more powerful. Everyone was afraid of being thrown out of the tribe or of being squashed by them…and I think they still are.

This woman is very brave to come forward. Annihilate is the word I used last week as this broke. It is the same word she also chose to use.

At the parties, the boys were very drunk, roughhousing, and the private school girls largely congregated in the kitchen or elsewhere. I rarely saw them (the girls) though. I also believe the 65 women who signed that letter vouching for BK are telling their truth…they were treated very differently and they were very “see no evil, hear no evil, speak of no evil”…esp if it happened to someone outside of their tribe. And they had to support “the boys”. The private school girls from this group that I knew were raised to “marry well”…that was their role. Patriarchal.

56 Likes

I’m waiting for McConnell to dismiss this as a “youthful indiscretion.” Besides, isn’t rape one of the qualifications the Federalists look for in a judge? Check out this surreptitious video of a Federalist Society Judicial recruiting drive:

8 Likes

Mark Judge has written a book about Georgetown Prep…it was his sobriety book…it’s on Amazon (and some of his classmates have written positive reviews for him)

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available