Discussion: Grassley Requests Info From Political Firm Behind Trump-Russia Dossier

I wonder what the magic number is, the one where Republicans start brazenly running away from PP. I’m thinking under 30% gets them there.

2 Likes

@damiana since this opposition research transpired under Obama’s watch, anything the FBI did to insure Trump’s election is HBO’s fault /snark

2 Likes

Alas, a Pence pick would be worse, but maybe they could stall saying that Pence wasn’t elected to pick SCOTUS???

4 Likes

It’s becoming abundantly clear why PeePee couldn’t afford to have Sessions recuse himself from investigations related to Russian connections.

And he may have thought that he had an competent ally in Nunes but that ship sailed in just a 48 hour window.

Is it wrong that I’m taking a few moments to just LMFAO?

10 Likes

Well, Gerald Ford gave us John Paul Stevens…

1 Like

This is crap: Grassley has no authority to demand answers. He can request, and they can write him a blow-off letter.

4 Likes

If it is okay for Trump to hold Napolitano, a 9/11 conspiracy nut, up as a quotable source, why can’t I do the same with a highly respected former Mi6 agent?

6 Likes

My understanding is that James Comey only really cares about what’s best for James Comey. If that’s true then what’s best for him, for his legacy, is to be the FBI Director who brought down a corrupt, compromised administration. The book deal and speaking fees would be enormous, obscene amounts of money. And his place in history would go from a mere footnote to his own chapter. Not only that, his interference in the election will be mostly forgotten about. He has almost nothing to lose by going after PP and nothing to gain by protecting him.

6 Likes

I believe the phrase used by PeePee was “brilliant legal mind”

That right there should be proof of his mental impairment…

2 Likes

Gerald Ford, was in the end, a competent politician and a good person put in a VERY difficult situation. Pence, willingly signed on to this train wreck…

5 Likes

he’ll be challenging Cheney numbers soon

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree, I think it’s going to be hard to run from the sabotaging of Clinton just to take down the “sitting president.” He could have taken down the “Billionaire” Reality Star with just as much acclaim, AND saved the US from a Trump Presidency at the same time.

I don’t understand Comey’s game at all. Unless it’s just to be able to say that he personally influenced the election, and the result of putting Pence into the Presidency???

1 Like

Totally agree.

I still don’t know enough about Comey to know what his true motivation may be but as you said, the result is going to work for Mr. Comey, so he’s going to give it everything.

I took perhaps a bit more than I should from some things I caught in his demeanor in the House hearing. Number one, he doesn’t suffer fools gladly and he made that clear when that fool, Trey Gowdy, spoke. He was very civil to Schiff - I think he respects his intellect. I don’t think he cares at all for Nunes.

Since he’s the one sitting on all the evidence, I just am interested in his reactions, subtle to a fault though they are.

And I don’t think Comey is politically ideological at all - what he is is a G Man, through and through.

4 Likes

no, no, never, never, uh, uh, uh

3 Likes

The body language was subtle but apparent. I also came off with the feeling that Comey is just going through the numbers and he knows exactly how this is going to turn out. And it will not be good for those trying to deflect from the real issues.

3 Likes

If it is okay for Trump to hold Napolitano, a 9/11 conspiracy nut, up as
a quotable source, why can’t I do the same with a highly respected
former Mi6 agent?

Whose specialty was Russia and who ran the Russian desk, I might add.

On that note - I wish TPM would not fall into the corporate media trap of calling the dossier “unsubstantiated” - some of them may be unverified, but some of the others have checked out. This is a High Broderism at its worst.

3 Likes

I have to agree.

His facial expressions were also subtle but apparent.

He knows where he’s going.

What “guys” are you referring to? And what “leaders”? If you mean Grassley, he is a leader in the senate.

O/OT: http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/27/criminal-complaint-filed-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-perjury-obstruction-justice.html

3 Likes

O Jesus!

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available