Discussion: Grassley Requests Info From Political Firm Behind Trump-Russia Dossier

So we’re back to the leaks being more important than what the information contains.

Fuck you Grassely.

46 Likes

Orwell said it about the leftists in his world, but now it’s the GOP of 2017: They’re playing with fire and they don’t even know that fire is hot.

23 Likes

Can’t wait to see him ask his committee for a subpoena.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to just ask Jeb Bush to testify?

34 Likes

I’m confused…is this more cover up from Grassley etal? To find out who wanted oppo research on Trump? It doesn’t matter what it turned up? HUH???

7 Likes

“When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics. Therefore, the Committee requests all materials and information relevant to the allegations concerning the so-called “Whitewater” case, as well as for the allegations made by Ms. Lewinsky.”

Said Chuck Grassley never.

11 Likes

This strikes me as of course an attempt to deflect from Russia and focus on leaks, but also lays the sort of legal groundwork and background on how the dossier came to be. The information requested stands likely to give more weight to the dossier.

17 Likes

Thank you.
I read stuff, actually printed somewhere on something, and then later I read other stuff and then I think, “Did I have a stroke?”
No, I didn’t mysteriously loose brain function.
Sometimes the widespread Washington, DC use of intern-produced Cliff Notes becomes obvious…

5 Likes

Have at it, Chuck. And while you’re at it, check to see if the information reported by Fusion is, in fact, true. Then we’ll have something.

7 Likes

““When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics,””

Raise your hand if you just knew he’d get it backwards in terms of who such a situation/result should raise concerns about.

20 Likes

Just a coincidence that sources in the dossier keep finding ways to get died.

18 Likes

Oh come on Chuck …

They looked for the ’ good stuff ’ too …

Just didn’t find any –

3 Likes

Jared can be very businesslike…

9 Likes

hahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Delegitimization of FBIs investigation by arguing that the agency is politicized.

12 Likes

Pretty much everything, no?
I just hope the new crown jewels are not by Ivanka…

3 Likes

9 Likes

So much for the theory that Grassley was shaken by the briefing given to him and Feinstein by Comey–that he was shocked by the gravity of the situation. Nope. It’s back to trying to obstruct the investigation.

11 Likes

Grassley, if you don’t understand right and wrong, only ideology, give it up, Chuck!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available