Discussion: Grassley Requests Info From Political Firm Behind Trump-Russia Dossier

goose/gander

2 Likes

Actually, that’s probably the bigger reason Grassley is trying to buy some more time.

4 Likes

From TPM, two months ago. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-trump-russia-dossier-originated-with-jeb-bush-super-pac

4 Likes

I understand the impulse to play the lousy cards you have, and hope things improve in some way you can’t envision very particularly. Done it myself, in hard times. But a lot of them are likely to lose their freedom if they don’t stand clear enough to avoid obstruction of justice charges. That’s why I think anyone who wants to come to the aid of the party right now is playing with fire. We’re talking about national security and immense sums of money and a string of damn murders. Personally I would’t risk jail to help Donald Trump’s cause.

9 Likes

I thought the FBI may have gotten involved only after the oppo research stopped and Steele went to his spook friends because he was so concerned about what he found?

9 Likes

The war mongers who advise him must be pleased

6 Likes

That’s my best guess too.

I think Grassely was shaken by his briefing just like Feinstein. The difference is that Grassely was shaken because he knows this GOP wet dream is a dream that is going to come crashing down.

10 Likes

Steele also said that he continue to investigate even when he stopped being paid for his research because what he had found was so explosive that he needed to see where it led.

Or something to that effect.

And that he’d provided to dossier to our IC but, since he didn’t see them acting on it, he provided it directly to Sen McCain (or had it delivered to him)

5 Likes

You know Eustace? This could be considered a ‘straight’ answer…

5 Likes

im in general agreement with George Will when he writes about baseball.

4 Likes

I think this may just backfire on the good Senator, since, if I remember correctly, it was the non-Trump GOP candidates (and their backers) who initially hired them… and then passed the information on to Clinton’s campaign after the Republican primary.

Which, yes, would mean the GOP knew all about the Trump-Russia connection well before the election.

8 Likes

Well, if the GOP outed PeePee as the Russian agent, then they look like the bad guys to Orange’s clearly rabid base. Instead, they pass it to HRC for her to out him and then claim it to be outrageous.

“No puppet! No puppet! You’re the puppet!”

6 Likes

n ftw

2 Likes

In other words, the White House tried to cover-up the Russia scandal by planting false information about Trump being spied on to get investigators off their trail.

Thing is, the FBI has been working on this investigation since July and this clown car circus of an administration stunt makes them look stupid and guilty. I’m sure FBI would find this insulting to their collective intelligence.

8 Likes

I’m also sure that Comey is really running everything vis-a-vis the investigations and that Grassley has some say in some things but the ultimate arbiter of what happens with all of this is James Comey.

6 Likes

Well…I’m just surprised that the Trump/----- (Bush, Cruz, Rubio) truce lasted as long as it did.

6 Likes

hahahahahahah

So short I never knew there was a truce.

3 Likes

“coming soon to Twittah”

1 Like

pretty much

Fusion first hired Steele and then it was the Democrats who reportedly took care of Steele’s expenses. The FBI got involved on account of Steele taking his findings to them and they had offered to pay him.

Sheiss

@tena

@spencersmom

@littlegirlblue

@geofu54

that link refers to when Grassley asked Comey to explain why the bureau was considering paying Steele.

6 Likes

Agreed. But I also wonder if they actually do understand the gravity yet also the politics. The thing is that no amount of information, testimony, evidence is going to change the minds of the feral Trumpers. The feral Trumpers are the GOP base. On some level, politically, they can’t appear to be out to get PP. But I imagine there are more than a few who look forward to the day he’s marched out of the WH and out of their party.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available