Discussion: Even After Kelly Defends Trump's Call To Widow, POTUS Accuses Rep. Of 'Lie'

After the whole spat with the Khan family (which if you listen to Kelly’s list of “Scared Bullshit” Kelly distinctly blamed the Khan’s for) we already know which they’ll choose.

(That list sounded like “Scared” was standing in for “Women Knew their place and to shut the fuck up, Christian theocracy was never challenged and everyone else knew to shut the fuck up, and Gold Star Families fell in line, suffered in silence and knew to shut the fuck up”)

3 Likes

Try this:

1 Like

2 Likes

He just called the widow and the mother both liars, because they corroborated Wilson’s statement.

5 Likes

From Spring of 2016. Any bets what it’d look like now?!

Far worse.

Like the cowardly predator he is, Trump thinks he smells blood in the water after Kelly’s partisan and disrespectful (and probably sexists, as can you imagine Kelly calling a CongressMAN an ‘empty barrel’?) shots at the Congresswoman.

5 Likes

Minus the labor unions, progressive taxation, government investment in the nation’s infrastructure and education, free colleges, jobs with pensions, affordable homes, and everything else that actually was great about the 1950s.

3 Likes

Uh, say what now? In what way was that vicious attack on Wilson, laden with sexest and overtly fascist imagery, an “apparent effort to end the feud?” Why the fuck do members of the media who should know better keep carrying water for these assholes.

2 Likes

It was the clumsy, authoritarian lickspittles “apparent attempt to end the feud”…

No one said it was a good, honorable or appropriate “apparent attempt” just that it was an attempt. (Through Trump’s trademark bullying)

3 Likes

Kelly could do one simple thing that would kill Trumpism: apologize to Rep Kelly.
That simple act would demonstrate humility, grace and acknowledge POCs as part of the American family (and just POCs who serve in the military).

As soon as Kelly does that, however, Trump would fire him immediately. Culture wars are what drive Trump. But this is such a deceptively simple move: an old white conservative man apologizing to a black female member of Congress would be symbolically important. It would throw Trumpland and Foxlandia for a loop and I think would represent a cultural reset.

I was so fascinated by these drawings as a kid. We had the Time-Life series.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Wain

Great capsule description – not only of Trump – but also of the narcissist I worked for. I never before thought to make the connection but he also kept the office in constant turmoil with his never-ending changes of direction and blame casting. His business eventually failed.

2 Likes

If it was a private call, why were Trump’s staff listening in? The widow certainly had the right to have others with her “listen in” (words Trump and Kelly used to imply to their base supporters that Rep. Wilson was eavesdropping when the opposite was the truth), including the Sgt.'s mother and whoever else was in the limo at the time. And Wilson was a friend of the family and knew the fallen soldier personally, not that that should make a difference if the widow wanted her representative in Congress with her.

Gen. Kelly has served this country and lost a son in the service as well. Nobody can take away that sacrifice. But to deploy it for this purpose is horrid and he cheapened it himself. It’s not clear to me that Kelly would use his experience and personal feelings as a basis for supporting a military dictatorship in this country since he feels more entitled to power than mere civilians. I suspect he will become just another politician now, using his past service as an excuse to power to advance his personal agenda.

4 Likes

Everyone gives him a 10.

1 Like

Where is this woman when we really need her? We need her now more than ever.

1 Like

Trump follows a regimen. Having had a parent and two co-workers that were severe Narcissistics, I see it in everything he does. That is why I tend to harp on the subject. Knowing how this man ticks can help a lot. This is especially true in how you feel and react. Though it is damn hard.

5 Likes

I don’t care what the answers are to any of those questions: Chiselin’ Trump can fuck off!

1 Like

Oh, condolences on that!

1 Like

A simple “You have to be brave to sign up for that. Her husband was a brave man: he knew what he signed up for and paid the ultimate sacrifice for his country” would have sufficed. If Kelly proposed that Trump say something along those lines, then this is probably how Kelly would have meant it. However, I refuse to feel any sympathy for Kelly having to babysit the narcissistic asshole: Kelly showed his true colors with his racist endorsement of Trump’s worst anti-immigrant/anti-Muslim tendencies when he gave a speech early on as head of DHS. He is a closet POS, just not the stupid unable-to-help-himself POS the POTUS is.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available