Discussion: Even After Kelly Defends Trump's Call To Widow, POTUS Accuses Rep. Of 'Lie'

And the only reason Trump gets into these disasters - besides the fact that he is an officially documented Fucking Moron (Thanx, Rex!) - is that he refuses to apologize for anything he says or does.
All he has to ever do is FUCKING APOLOGIZE!

2 Likes

Wait–it’s coming to me–that’s from the book on drugs in that Time-Life series from the Seventies, wasn’t it?

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to open up a religious discussion, sorry. My point was that Trump doesn’t ask forgiveness from anybody…real or imagined…ever. And he certainly never apologizes.

The other more subtle point here is, that while you may not pray to a diety, Trump certainly claims to believe in one. So there is an amazing level of ego on display in those remarks about not needing to ask forgiveness from God. He literally thinks he is better than any god.

3 Likes

He literally thinks he is a god.

FIFY

2 Likes

General John Kelly a weasel? You’ve just insulted the flag, America, all service men (not women) everywhere, all soldiers that have fallen in battle, the President, his sacred wife, apple pie, baseball, and Chevrolet.

And weasels.

4 Likes

Because, of course, the call is all about the President, and not about the bereaved family.

2 Likes

That’s exactly it. It’s always about Trump and his need to be glorified.

2 Likes

Louis Wain. English painter. It’s a progression of the cat pictures Wain would draw as his mental illness deepened. This morning, I can relate. Fascinating.

The onset of Wain’s schizophrenia may have been precipitated by Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite which is excreted by cats in their feces.[2] The theory that toxoplasmosis can trigger schizophrenia is the subject of ongoing research, though the origins of the theory can be traced back as early as 1953.[3][4][5][6]

When his sisters could no longer cope with his erratic and occasionally violent behaviour, he was finally committed, in 1924, to a pauper ward of Springfield Mental Hospital in Tooting. A year later, he was discovered there and his circumstances were widely publicized, leading to appeals from such figures as H. G. Wells and the personal intervention of the Prime Minister. Wain was transferred to the Bethlem Royal Hospital in Southwark, and again in 1930 to Napsbury Hospital near St Albans in Hertfordshire, north of London. This hospital was relatively pleasant, with a garden and colony of cats, and he spent his final 15 years there in peace. While he became increasingly deluded, his erratic mood swings subsided, and he continued drawing for pleasure. His work from this period is marked by bright colours, flowers, and intricate and abstract patterns, though his primary subject remained the same. He is buried in his father’s grave at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Cemetery, Kensal Green, London.

2 Likes

He allowed his son’s memory to be a fig leaf prop for Trump’s handling of this whole affair. He invoked the 1950s and the good old days when women were sacred in defense of a man who proudly crowed on The Howard Stern Show his lack of belief in the sacredness of women, even before it was known that he was a sexual predator much like Harvey Weinstein. He defended Trump’s callous remarks about an Island struck by a once in a century hurricane. He defended Trump’s Muslim ban from the beginning.

I would say his credibility is pretty entirely bruised already, yet he continues to trot out in front of the cameras to offer rationalizations for Trump and attack his truth telling critics.

8 Likes

Wait, you mean that our cats really are trying to kill us?

2 Likes

Toxo is a very real problem. Do change the Kitty litter often.

1 Like

Yeah, he couldn’t remember if Obama called. Of course, he COULD remember a lie about Rep. Wilson and an FBI building. Funny how that works, ain’t it? He also seemed to smear the Khans in his little sleazy defense of his master Donald. That’s another reason to call him the POS that he is.
And BTW, isn’t it about time this country dispenses with that ridiculous myth that all people who serve in the military are honorable and trustworthy? Fuck, the US armed forces allow Nazis and white supremacists in their goddamned ranks.
Kelly is a goddamned liar, and I’ve been saying that since he took that job as Trump’s chief ballsucker, and so have a lot ofher people on this site.

4 Likes

This story has officially blown up in the WH’s face and has cost Kelly, deservedly, his reputation. As I open up twitter this morning, even DC journos are raising questions as to why Kelly went out of his way to lie about/slander Wilson regarding the 2015 FBI building commemoration ceremony where she got the bill through to rename the building after fallen FBI agents.

Why didn’t Kelly simply acknowledge that whatever Trump’s intentions, the call went badly wrong from the family’s perspective and that he should’ve smoothed things over privately and not fallen on his sword for Trump? Why did Kelly take aim at Rep Wilson when she was a close family friend who was conveying the family’s pain and hurt and how Trump spoke to them?

Back in the day (ok it was only 10 months ago), people knew how to take the higher road, smooth things over and just handle their business.

But for Trump - culture wars are his business, not governing. Any time he has a chance to distract from an issue of governance or responsibility and has a POC target he’s going to use it. Kelly played into it, and it didn’t seem to me that he was all too unwilling. I noticed in Kelly’s voice (and not for the first time in reading about and observing him) a rage which is triggered by someone stepping out of her lane, out of her place to dare to question him or his boss. It’s the same way he dealt with controversies at Guantanamo and at DHS.

10 Likes

This is deranged. Trump’s comments are completely divorced from reality. This tweet alone should be sufficient for the cabinet to exercise its obligations under the 25th Amendment.

5 Likes

I’m just glad for John Kelly that he put his dignity on the line, gave it up, and put an end to this story and this controversy that didn’t need to be. Did he really think the so-called president would just let it go?

5 Likes

Because he hasn’t any, and could never be one himself.

1 Like

Trump didn’t know he was on speaker. He thought he and his fellow racists were getting away with abusing this poor woman in private.

4 Likes

Trump accused Wilson of “secretly” listening to the phone call.

Trump is in a…

uniquely

bad

position

to be throwing this attack around.

1 Like

Kelly has now discarded the absolute last shred of dignity and honor he had with his simpering, sniveling, cowardly statements about how “those people” have destroyed our perfect, honorable, WHITE America (which never existed anyway) and how Hair Furor Trump is the “bravest man” he has ever met.
He has removed all doubt about his rank racism and worship of Authority and gotten down on his knees to give up his honor to this Malignant Narcissist.

I no long have any respect for him because it is very clear he no longer has any respect for himself or the uniform he once wore.

Trump destroys everyone around him, or he kicks them out (like he did with Comey) if they refuse to bow down to his imperial desires.

5 Likes

Liars lie.Trump is a notorious serial liar.He has an aversion to the truth. Everything he says is questionable,at a minimum.In this case,he likely does not realize that Kelly confirmed what he said to Myeshia Johnson. All he cares about is getting credit for doing something he says, untruthfully I would add, other presidents did not do.

But I also have a bone to pick with John Kelly. He is basically saying we owe respect to Trump,the President. If that is what he thinks,he knows very little about democracy. Our allegiance is to our country,not a specific person. What is most troubling is his suggestion that Trump warrants respect ,despite his total lack of respect for women,vulgarity,mendacity,xenophobia,crassness,his embrace of neo-nazi and neo-confederate messages, and his bullying of anyone who does not effusively praise him. Sorry General, I have no respect for the vulgarian occupying the White House.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available