Discussion: Even After Kelly Defends Trump's Call To Widow, POTUS Accuses Rep. Of 'Lie'

Can’t the American Psychological Association weigh in on Trump?

And, in all honesty, a cover story in Psychology Today would probably boost sales; I would recommend the editors publish one.

Trump is many things. Some of the facets are quite bizarre and unusual. But one really prominent one is sadly familiar to anyone who’s worked in an office, or sat down for a peaceful drink in a bar, or taken a seat on an airplane. There are lots of people in this world who never, ever, ever shut the fuck up. He’s one.

4 Likes

Every damned day brings another unbelievable debasement of our country by this monstrous president and his sycophantic cabal. After last night, its patently clear the only master Kelly serves is trump. He is there not to protect the country from trump’s excesses, but because he apparently really believes in him. Kelly’s grotesque racist tinged slander of Rep. Wilson succeeded only in further tearing apart the country he pretends to serve. How much more depressing can this get? We really have no sane person in the executive branch – no one to monitor our national security, no one to contain the trump crazy and corruption, no one to stop his endless lies, no one to keep his potty fingers off the phone or the nuclear football.

2 Likes

Fuck him. He “knew what he was signing up for”.

1 Like

Damn! That’s the only picture of Kellyanne Conway I’ve ever seen that makes her look at least half-human.

3 Likes

I, uh, appreciate the thought. :innocent:

Decide? You know they will.

1 Like

Yeah and who will the public rally behind an egotistical maniac or a pregnant soldier’s widow with two children in tow? Yeah they’ll go with the ego maniac because the widow is black. Welcome back to the 1950s.

3 Likes

Pretty much sums up his whole existence on this planet.
There is no empathy or humility anywhere in his soul.
I shall read his obituary with great pleasure and piss on his grave

2 Likes

Are you still ‘stunned’ General Kelly??? I sure as sht am.

This is a guy who says he doesn’t pray because he doesn’t need to ask God for forgiveness for anything.

So of course he isn’t going to apologize for something he said to a woman of color!

2 Likes

I know I missed the snark but a fluffy bounding alpaca… :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for that
Brought a smile

1 Like

Thanks, the wife does her daily BP readings in the morning. I showed this to her, the reading was great afterward.

My conclusion, we need alpacas in the White House.

4 Likes

She allowed everyone in the car, including Rep. Wilson, to hear Trump’s call on the speakerphone. That was her prerogative. There is no law or protocol against that, and I am sure that Sgt. Johnson’s widow wanted to share the condolences from Trump with the rest of her family and Sgt. Johnson’s close friend and mentor Rep. Wilson. I can only imagine her shock at his insensitive and stupid attempts at sympathy. I think you are right in saying she will make a statement, and if Trump and Kelly are stupid enough to say she is lying - and past performance doesn’t give me any reason to assume they wouldn’t be that stupid - I believe the blowback will be atomic.
What pisses me off is that no one in the media is pointing out the fact that Obama would have called the widow of Kelly’s son, and not Kelly. If Kelly’s son was unmarried, I am almost absolutely sure that Obama, being the person he is, would have called a general whose son had died.

6 Likes

Well, I don’t pray either, and would never ask a god for forgiveness. When I hurt someone–for any reason–I apologized to them and try to make amends. I know far too many people that pray, ask for their god’s forgiveness, but almost never apologize to the people they’ve wronged. “Prayer” absolves them from having to say they’re sorry.

It’s just that I’ve had few opportunities to get to know any alpacas. I’m sure they’re very nice, in their way.

He made a weaselly qualification—that he couldn’t remember receiving a call from Obama. Makes one think that some attempt to reach out was made.

4 Likes

I just make the usual trek to Tiffany and try to keep it under a couple grand.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available