Discussion: Even After Kelly Defends Trump's Call To Widow, POTUS Accuses Rep. Of 'Lie'

I hate to be that movie character, the old man who’s got the clearest memory in the tribe of how things were before the great disaster, but damn it for eight years we had an executive branch that was run by fallible but smart and sensible people. You didn’t wake up to a freshly steaming pile of insanity every god-damn day. It was nice. I felt less grumpy then myself. Does the Internet still have pictures of cats on it? Because I like cats. I think I’ll go look at cat pictures for a while.

10 Likes

A pat on the back to FOX for their usual due diligence.

4 Likes

John Adams on the White House: “I pray to heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and on all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof.”

Well so much for that prayer.

7 Likes

If they want a call from Trump they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

1 Like

A walking, talking turd in a punch bowl.

2 Likes

Sort of…

6 Likes

Two out three ain’t bad.

1 Like

Or like when you had a party line and could listen in on your neighbors.

They had information that Garafalo’s military record was a fabrication one day after the story aired. It took them 11 days to retract and remove the story from their websites and Facebook page. They double and triple checked before begrudgingly admitting the truth.

5 Likes

Lets not forget that Sgt. Johnson’s wife has spoken on this matter and seemed most concerned with Trump not using his name or even seeming to know it. Gen. Kelly left that out. Unless Kelly’s called down by the media, he’s fair game for that, he’s going to be the pitchman for Trump bullshit from now on. The administration’s going to dress him up in past honor and send him out under that cover to lie. If he gets bruised he may decline to do Trump’s dirty work again.

3 Likes

I’ll lower the bar even lower, somehow! All he had to do was simply SHUT THE FUCK UP. The news cycle would recycle; people have forgotten a dozen other hateful, garish, trashy acts and statements. Quit reminding us! Quit picking up your foot and pointing and shouting, “LOOK, EVERYONE, HERE’S THE DOOKIE! HERE’S THE THING I STEPPED IN! IT’S VERY, VERY SMELLY AND GREAT, MANY PEOPLE ARE SAYING!”

4 Likes

Good Lord. That’s a baby Balrog.

4 Likes

Precisely because Kelly confirmed he told him what to say. Many of us pointed out when Priebus resigned and Kelly became CoS, that Trump would merely view Kelly as a more challenging toy to suck the dignity out of. Priebus was no challenge at all.

And here we are…Donald has brought Kelly to heel and put him in full sycophant mode for the nation to see. Nor do I say this lightly…Kelly never truly had control over Donald’s impulsive nature, but the past week or two, its gotten steadily worse again. Another indication that Donald won that battle over Kelly’s dignity…and fairly quickly, too.

13 Likes

Not a cat but really, really sweet.

4 Likes

No kidding. Every day is a crisis that has no reason to exist. This type of person has a near manic level of activity. Initially it looks like determination and industriousness. In hindsight, it shows up as obsessive and paranoid. All about controlling people. And again, keeping people in chaos is a tactic. If someone points out he is putting the nation into a constant state of anxiety, he will proudly pronounce “Good, I am keeping them on their toes, waking them up, they needed it MAGA!”

8 Likes

That’s what amazes me. A large number of Trump’s missteps could have easily been corrected by clarifying a statement with just a small amount of empathy and humility. A simple, “My words were unintentionally awkward–as all presidents would reveal, these calls are deeply painful and difficult. I apologize to everyone in the car–my words were not meant to be hurtful.”

Even something as weak as that would have mostly ended it–at least in the public sphere. Not only couldn’t he do that, but the Kelly amplified and further added pain and insult to an already traumatized family.

8 Likes

So is there where Trump & Co will be hiring their vetters?

1 Like

It won’t matter. In time Sgt. Johnson’s widow is going to speak out. Trump and his sock puppet Gen. Kelly will have to decide whether they’re going to call her a liar.

1 Like

Take your SECRETLY and shove it up your enormous white anti-American cowardly ass, you stain on humanity. And Kelly, fuck you–you’re as much a traitor as Trump is and a lying disgrace to the Uniform.

5 Likes

Or like a wiretap.

Seriously, the Rep was a friend of the family - she was principal at the school the deceased attended as a child. My first grade teacher was a friend of the family - I still have the wedding present she gave me in 1980, almost twenty years after I was in her classroom.

45 doesn’t even understand the concept of a family friend being present at a time of mourning, because he’s never had one. Maybe we should apply the same ‘if you aren’t military, you can’t comment’ to this situation of long-time family friends, right?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available