Discussion: Elizabeth Warren Says She's 'Troubled' By Reports Of Obama's $400K Speaking Fee

Who said otherwise? Nor am I saying that Democrats need to expend all of their resources on the white working class. What I am saying is that Democrats can’t appeal consistently to working folks while at the same time currying favor with Wall Street and the rich. It’s called trying to serve two masters.

5 Likes

I might agree with that (especially seeing how he took heat from the '08 post convention), but pragmatism is what again?

While i have a slight issue with the fee amount (i miight have said why earlier), i think folks need to realize that he really isn’t the ‘marble man’.

How so?

1 Like

If you get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to talk to the rich, you’re going to trim your sails and avoid saying things that might offend them. We are all prone to that. As Upton Sinclair said, “Few things are more difficult than convincing a man that something is true when his salary depends on it not being true.” Not exactly the same, but you can see where I’m going.

Democrats cannot be the consistent champion of working and middle-class people while palling around with the rich. Oh, sure, there are occasional cases where that’s not true–FDR and JFK were notable examples–but those are rare individuals and we can’t rely on that happening.

2 Likes

Sure, now anything that criticizes your dear former leader is “Russian troll bulshit.” Good one, Tena. And you don’t believe that the executive branch has input into laws and regulations? Who do you think signs them? Or that they don’t write regulations? Or choose what laws to enforce or not?

Do you know anything about how this government works?

Still didn’t see any cites to those laws or regulations, just more whining.

4 Likes

Not for a minute, do I believe Obama will speak about anything that isn’t about how business affects real people. Just like Hillary did. It doesn’t trouble me at all.

2 Likes

Hitchens didn’t think so.

oh give it a rest
if you can’t find something nasty to say about the illegitimate traitor grifting con-government and President Bait and Swtich then maybe you shouldn’t be saying anything.

he is out of office

5 Likes

Again, its OKIYAR.

3 Likes

Your description is factually incorrect, but even if it were correct, that has zero to do with the comment I replied to.

1 Like

Well, if you’re willing to time travel, that works.

Same vapid fact-less blotting horseshit.

But I do thank you for making it clear I safely dismiss anything you post going forward.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I am so sick of the “pure” democrats calling out other people are doing something that might “appear” to be “cashing in” on the corporate “tit” for $400,000, which was his yearly salary. When the current president has allowed the corporations to take over our treasury department, our state department, EPA, and many other departments. Sen. Warren, get over yourself, and fight for our medical insurance, immigration. There is so much more that should be commented on that is for the American people, not just her personal egoist interest. This is also the problem with the Democrats with the Mayor of Lincoln, we need people who will stand for our interests, but people will not vote for him because of one individual personal belief that he would not make any official action to support…

7 Likes

I’m with her -> Elizabeth Warren!

I guess the reason he has small hands are true.

Her troubles would go away right quickly if they offered her the money.
I’m just sayin’.

4 Likes

I said that myself earlier and there are those who don’t think she’d take it.

I think she would and come up with a doozy of a justification.

1 Like

If I could like this comment million times I would!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available