Discussion: Elizabeth Warren Says She's 'Troubled' By Reports Of Obama's $400K Speaking Fee

???wtf

30 Likes

I’m troubled as well. I have to do at least 2 speaking engagements to clear that much.

22 Likes

For balance, I think the banks should offer Sanders the opportunity to speak, paying him $400 dollars so as to avoid the appearance of corruption.

25 Likes

I’m troubled by the countless ways Elizabeth Warren benefits from capitalist white supremacy. I demand she immediately give up everything it’s given her, and refrain from ever benefiting from it again.

17 Likes

She probably could have gone all week without saying that. Was there really nothing in what current elected officials are doing that was worth noting?

42 Likes

Seriously, Senator? I mean, I understand that this is a problem for someone who may have a future in a position of authority, but Obama is done. What corrupting value is this going to have for Obama?

OK, maybe others will say, “Hey, I better be nice to Wall Street so I can get a payday” but the odds any individual will get six figure speaking fees even as a Senator or Rep or former Treasury Secretary or whatever are minimal.

Kim Kardashian gets six figures to show up at a party – this is about fame, not influence.

41 Likes

There’s a story which I remember reading about in one of Palast’s books, a long time ago. Bush senior joined the Board of a gold mining company after leaving office, and this company during his time on the board literally buried some striking workers alive. THAT’S Capitalism.

5 Likes

No Democrat should speak in front of any organization that could afford to pay $400,000 to hear her/him.

Democrats need to become the party of working and middle-class Americans. We need to divorce ourselves from Wall Street, except for what will always be a small minority of people on the street who are willing to work against their immediate economic interests.

2 Likes

N depending on this weekend, “whether he should or shouldn’t” will be settled soon.

Can’t bring myself to :heart: that…but Wow!

He’s a private citizen now. His finances are his business as long as legally earned and all taxes paid. This is sheer busybodying.

34 Likes

And make a lot of personal appearances to promote this book released a few days ago and say silly shit to whoever is interviewing her…

35 Likes

I am troubled that she thinks Obama would be influenced by this money. What after doing the speech he is going to start rallying for pro wall street measures?

28 Likes

Preach

5 Likes

Bwahahahahahaha

Back off Liz.

25 Likes

I am troubled that she is putting her own finances ahead of the country.

16 Likes

[quote=“old_curmudgeon, post:9, topic:54944”]
Democrats need to become the party of working and middle-class Americans.
[/quote]We are. You all need to accept that POC are working people.

16 Likes

Jeb! is partnering with Derek Jeter to buy the Miami Marlins, they’ll have to lay their hands on 3 billion. It won’t be hard to do.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available