Discussion: Elizabeth Warren Says She's 'Troubled' By Reports Of Obama's $400K Speaking Fee

Right. No more speaking at major labor unions, a Buffett shareholders meeting, or Tesla event. Evil!

9 Likes

Liz you trouble the fuck out of me by joining in Bernieā€™s anti-choice Democrats brigade.

Your little speech out of the other side of your mouth how youā€™ll keep fighting for us? O no - you donā€™t get to have it two ways, Liz.

Iā€™m really not happy with you anyway.

20 Likes

Well she is a ā€˜golden girlā€™.

Troubled why? Exorbitant speaking fees were pioneered by none other than St. Ronnie when, in his first act as ex-president, hightailed it to Japan for a $1,000,000 payday.

Itā€™s been de rigueur ever since.

As Reagan himself might say, ā€œHow quickly we forget.ā€

9 Likes

Wingers want King Herod. Alt Lefties want John the Baptist. Iā€™d be happy with King Solomon, or maybe Tyrion Lannister.

22 Likes

OFCS! As someone who likes Warren, a lot, I say this to her with all sincerity climb down off your moral superiority mole hill.

28 Likes

Russia ties and tax returns, Liz.

Come on now.

16 Likes

Does anyone really believe that Liz herself would turn down that money if it was offered to her?

O hell no.

15 Likes

Iā€™m trying to figure out what bearing that has on the comment you replied to.

2 Likes

Yes, I do. At least from investment banks.

2 Likes

Oh come on. Mother Teresa took money from Papa Doc Duvalier, and that was fine, because MT was pure. Same with EW. Get off YOUR high horse!

6 Likes

Weā€™re inclined to eat our own instead of just saying ā€œBully for President Obama who deserves big bucks after putting up with R shit for eight years.ā€

@centralasiaexpat ā€œBird of prayā€ was what Christopher Hitchens called her.

30 Likes

Cable news, man, the cavernous 24-hour maw that says Feed Me Seymour NOW. In 1992 they asked everybody if they ever smoked pot in college and if they did did they inhale and if they did did they enjoy it. Today, even though we all know pretty much how Elizabeth Warren feels about oceans of corporate money in politics, we evidently must know exactly how she feels about this one particular pot of cash. And in the meantime there are things going on that might arguably be considered more important. Anyway, Iā€™m going to go springerize the lawn mower, the day has come.

10 Likes

Well that would certainly be a demonstration of cutting off oneā€™s nose to spite oneā€™s face for the ages.

Like she couldnā€™t make a speech about what she believes to them?

4 Likes

Or at least give him the benefit of the doubt that his integrity is not for sale, does his 8 years in office not already prove that.

15 Likes

Bully for President Obama. Heā€™s earned every one of his gray hairs and now deserves big bucks.

21 Likes

Cable news? This is a liberal media web site reporting it.

Thanks to legislation he signed, Obama will be paying a higher tax rate on that Earned Income than he would have before he took office.

15 Likes

Do not get me started on the notion of purity.

:wink:

10 Likes

Iā€™m holding out for the Archangel Michael myself.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available