Discussion: Elizabeth Warren Says She's 'Troubled' By Reports Of Obama's $400K Speaking Fee

Even if his integrity were for sale, what is he selling? The gentleman is term limited out, and I’m pretty sure he’s not running for US Senate again.

Maybe a SC Justice some day, but I don’t think his decisions there would be colored by the money he makes as a private citizen.

8 Likes

I’ll take the Queen of Sheba. I think she outsmarted Solomon.

:wink:

4 Likes

I am far more troubled that you are spending a second even thinking about this Sen. Warren.

34 Likes

Whatever. Web sites are the same, they need constant content. Radio stations, any electronic medium. So you text someone or stick a microphone out and ask what she or he thinks about this or about that. It started with cable news but it’s universal now. And it contributes to people tuning out.

1 Like

The corruption has already been committed. Under Obama, no bankers were prosecuted for the financial crimes leading to the 2008 crash. Instead they got billions in bailouts while millions of people lost their homes to foreclosure. Obama is just collecting his payoff. He knew he was going to get it; Hillary already got hers.

The system stinks from top to bottom.

1 Like

Indeed.

If he was running for office, it would be different. But he’s not. He’s a private citizen and can do what he pleases without being overly concerned about the optics.

Hillary, on the other hand and in my opinion, made a big mistake by taking Wall Street dollars then running for President. I believe the perception was a problem for her.

The order matters.

2 Likes

The idea that we’ve “abandoned” the working class is based on a) assuming the working class is all-white, and b) that the WWC voters who shifted to Trump did so because for economic reasons. Both these assumptions are false. And when you accept that POC are not only members of the working class, but disproportionately so, that whole argument falls apart.

Why are Democratic POC leading Fight For 15? Why did POC vote overwhelmingly for Clinton? Why did Black towns in the “Rust Belt” stay Dem when their neighboring white towns didn’t? Why did rural reservations stay Dem? The rural Latino South West? The Black Belt? Why did Asian Americans, the people most adversely affected by the housing crisis reject Trump and vote overwhelmingly for the Dems?

18 Likes

When they start talking about “working class white males” I just remember that Noam Chomsky told us in 2010 that we would hear about those white males endlessly when fascism finally did come to town.

And the entire “working class” populist movement is at the expense of women for one. And this new anti-choice populism is the perfect neon sign that that is what is going on.

11 Likes

Lets also keep in mind that Hillary won the popular vote. Hillary only got 60,000 votes less than Obama. The issue is a drump got 2 million more then Romney, for some reason a certain group of people in rural areas really liked drump…

Also, Romney got a higher percent then drump.

Edit; Also Jill Stien got 1 million more votes compared to 2012…

4 Likes

All the higher priorities have been dealt with.

6 Likes

Go the fuck away, Liz. And take Bernie with you…

9 Likes

But Bernie would have SAVED us!!!1!11!one!!!

7 Likes

The problem was what happened on Wall Street was made legal under the deregulation (and continued unregulation of deravatives). While the emotional appeal to make “the banister go to jail” we don’t live in a republic that enforces ex-post facto law.

Now we may agree that Dodd-Frank needs to be expanded and strengthened because is didn’t go far enough, but your simplistic sloganeering is why dipshits vote GOP (or not vote at all). Because of misplaced “blame” and attacking the party that actually is for regulating and tempering the predatory components of “the market”.

18 Likes

For some reason, it seems like people don’t consider minorities part of the “working class”. This inclues many on the left (particularly those that eat drink and breathe Bernie Sanders)

I never thought I would type this but perhaps POC need to leave the Democratic Party in droves in order to be valued and appreciated as part of the base.

6 Likes

The order matters.

You should think that through a little longer.

1 Like

A concise, compelling idea, a platform, a marketing plan, a 50-state commitment, come ON! I know you’ve got it in you.

This is incredibly stupid on Warren’s part. Why? Because the last poll done on her had her at or below 50%.

In MA.

Now think about that for a moment. In a state that most on the Left consider to be a Liberal bastion, at best, she only gets to 50%. If she were running against Baker, he’s the next Senator from MA. Something isn’t going right for her and I have a feeling she doesn’t understand who her constituents are. She thinks that Sanders is the way of the Democratic Party. If she can’t get re elected, she’ll have herself to thank for that.

5 Likes

The primary is already over.

4 Likes

Well, true, since they swapped out Trumps nukular button.

2 Likes

I will be happy to join them if that is what they do.

I think the only decent part of Congress left is the Black Caucus and I really believe POC will save this country - they’ll have to, white folks are ruining it.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available