Discussion: Dem Rep. Responds To Kelly's Claims About 2015 Event: 'That's A Lie'

Anyone got a take on this “empty barrel” epithet? Is there a dog whistle there I am missing?

1 Like

The Republican party is dissolving into 3 or 4 different parties.

Not only that, but we are talking about this instead of a budget deal that cuts Medicare and Medicaid in order to give tax cuts to the rich.

She was going to let it go until Kelly and Trump started their racist lies about her.

Now, she’s loaded for bear and ready, willing, and able to fight back.
She’s not timid or stupid—so Kelly and Trump had better be more circumspect from now on, which is not going to happen.

3 Likes

Fucking christ…I may need to get a drink or two at lunch haha…it’s a special kind of infuriating watching a Faux News clip of Lou Dobbs carrying Trump’s and Kelly’s water on this. Holy shit do I hate that guy.

2 Likes

“In this context, “empty barrel” is simply a racist dog whistle about those wacky black politicians who make a lot of meaningless noise!”

I would add to the above explanation that it also implies that she is an opportunist – just bullshitters who show up to take advantage of tragedy. Other African American activists such as Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have also endured this smear.

6 Likes

The Faux News KKKomments are in rare form today…everything from “street ape” to comments about bananas.

2 Likes

You really begin to wonder whether Putin and his Russian friends have 45 on strings–it’s hard to imagine a better way to divide and weaken your superpower adversary than putting a misogynist, racist, abusive narcissist like Trump in a position to tear at the fabric of society every. damn. day. I hate to reach for my tinfoil hat, but this ongoing outrage of an administration does seem to be a work of deliberate sabotage.

1 Like

A Golden Age that never existed, but when his “traditions” and “values” ruled: Christian, WASP, male-only.

1 Like

I second that. Posted it in another thread last night. It was powerful. Everyone should watch it.

All I’m hoping is that is also how a majority of the public took Kelly’s remarks – the man raped Wilson’s character in public to defend the rapist.

1 Like

Did Kelly actually tweet this? Do you have a direct link to the reporting source?

3 Likes

No. It’s a fake twitter account:

@judygran

2 Likes

Oh! Thanks.

1 Like

What happened to the Kelly we saw looking at the floor for guidance after moron said some spectacularly stupid things? Has good Catholic Kelly absolved moron of all his sins?

@clauscph wondered (with tremendous doubt) about that the other day, so Twitter has done nothing with that account since. Nice to know…

It’s always a good idea to check the profile first and who they interact with. It doesn’t always help but it does sometimes. Here’s the profile of the said account.

White House Chief of Staff, Retired 4 Star General @USMC, I Enjoy Parody Roast Covfefe with 2 Shots of Liberal Tears, #MAGA

1 Like

Note to Democrats…this is how it’s done. No more slap fighting. Say the words…“he’s a liar”.

Get to the bottom of Niger…what did Kelly know and when did he know it? Don’t let up on this piece of shit.

1 Like

“Just what Kelly was saying wasn’t clear on first blush because he’s not a phony and a clown like President Trump”

I respectfully disagree, Josh. That motherfucker proved he wears size 50 jack boots last night.

2 Likes

I just watched the video of Rep Wilson’s remarks. Suffice it to say that Kelly disgraced himself with lies and slander. Rep Wilson could not have been more gracious to all those who were involved in getting the building named for the fallen FBI agents. She thanked two area GOP members of Congress, Speaker Boehner, and her two US FL Senators (Rubio and Nelson). She was specifically asked by Comey if she could do something to get the naming approved by Congress and signed by the President in a very short period of time.

She also gave a moving account of what happened at the shootout where the two FBI agents died. She praised law enforcement and their dedication.

For Kelly to have sat in that audience and came away with his warped conclusion tells me that he was either handed a Breitbart script to recite which he did so as a dutiful soldier, or he’s a virulent racist, or both.

Kelly owes her an apology and I think it’s going to be difficult for him to avoid.

10 Likes

To a certain extent, this is why I wish the Honorable Representative hadn’t said anything about Trump’s call. That Trump is clumsy when he’s acting as Comforter-in-Chief is not news. Indeed, he’s so bad at it he should delegate the job to Melania and Mike. Instead we’ve returned to the silly tit4tat where Trump sends out his minions with let’s say, incomplete information. More distraction. More chaos.

Watched O’Donnell last night when this was what he said, and somewhere in the middle of the program moron tweeted something vile about fake news and “wacky” “D” Congressman lying which is in this report. He didn’t name names, but clearly he’d switched from Fox to MSNBC for a few minutes.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available