Discussion: Dem Rep. Responds To Kelly's Claims About 2015 Event: 'That's A Lie'

Immortality is not a natural state. Everything dies, or decomposes, eventually consumed by some exploding star or sucked into a black hole. The USA was never going to last forever. For whatever generation that witnesses the convulsions of its death I pity their journey. Maybe we are it. Or maybe the tumor gets excised before it spreads and kills us. Hard to say. People shouldn’t suffer from the delusion this republic will last into eternity.

7 Likes

It should be over the toilet

1 Like

After allowing the President to use his son’s death for political purposes then to take that a step further and attack Rep. Wilson for criticizing the President’s call and finally lying about her past comments, is there anyone here who still wants to call him an honorable man?

I don’t care that these Conservatives sell their souls, that’s their choice, what gets me is how little value they carry, seriously, Kelly gave up every positive thing he’s ever done, for Donald Trump! How crazy is that?

7 Likes

I have to disagree that it doesn’t matter. Losing Medicare and Medicare funding is important. So is the fact that the entire White House has devolved to the point that blatant lies are accepted as par for the course. It matters precisely because the lies appear to extend to their cover-up of what happened in Niger. The sheer volume of awfulness is overwhelming. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t important.

8 Likes

He knew what he signed up for.

12 Likes

Should be entitled, “Last Family Circus”.

4 Likes

Active troops will note well how General Kelly failed to uphold military honor to the fallen and their families. Although retired he represents all military leaders, and the soldiers who are obliged to go in harm’s way at their command. All they ask is for their comrades in arms to receive a decent burial, and their survivors to be left in peace. For a CIC and retired General to throw the body on a trivial political bonfire is too much.

I wonder if John McCain will say something about the danger of a demoralized military.

5 Likes

Never going to happen.

The MSM has almost NO “journalists” anymore, just “transcribers” who lazily fill in the space between the breathless on-air reading of the President’s Tweets and the Pickup Truck and Boner Pill commercials.

The Fourth Estate no longer exists in America in any recognizable form.

6 Likes

Just saying: there should be video of that building’s opening ‘somewhere’ and I would like to see who was telling the truth here.

My husband said that Kelly said what Steve Miller said: Trump shall not be questioned.

What Kelly was saying was that the advice HE gave Trump re bereavement call SUCKED in the Johnson family case. I was actually willing to give DJT the benefit of the doubt here; what he said might’ve been what Kelly told him to say and what Kelly TOLD him to say put Mrs. Johnson on the floor of the limo crying. We are talking about HER response here.

I am actually more worried about the supposed-nonpartisan generals now: Kelly and his comments about ‘women being on a pedestal’ (or however he phrased it) and gold star families being honored In The (Blessed) Past ‘was’ a MAGA-style argument. That shocked me.

7 Likes

Is that a Trump tweet? I just woke up so don’t have his ‘tweet background’ today. Wait a minute: isn’t the Uranium Sale in question from 2010?

2 Likes

No, that’s a tweet from Kelly this morning. Yes, the uranium sale is from 2010 but it’s now being used to bash Hillary.

6 Likes

I gotta go to the bathroom. Does anybody have a Sharpie I could borrow?

3 Likes

Kelly is beyond disappointing. A retired Gen speaks this way about a Congresswoman. There is no way this is acceptable. We know Trump is a deranged sociopath, but it is shocking to hear a retired Gen speak this way about anyone.
I want to know what happened to Sgt.Johnson that day in Niger. How did he die? Why was he left behind? Why is Kelly, not deserving of his title, not concerned about that?

9 Likes

20 min.but well worth watching

6 Likes

No doubt now. Kelly is NOT the adult in the room, he is a disgrace to the uniform. Where is his concern for Sgt. Johnson’s family? Where is his concern for finding the truth to what happened in Niger? How was he a general who talks to a Congresswoman in this manner? Did he use language like this in the army? How did he get to be a General?

9 Likes

This is what happens to people who work for Trump. There is some character flaw — psychosis, narcissm, burning anger — that causes them to gravitate toward him in the first place. Then, he somehow exploits that weakness to the point that they eventually are ruined.

Kelly is embarrassing himself. He has much more to lose than a backbench Democrat (who will be more admired in her district by taking on Trump). And the longer this story the lingers, the more folks are reminded of Trump’s long record of disrespecting soldiers. This only plays well for Trump if you’re following it on Fox News and Breitbart — a very small portion of the voting population.

10 Likes

Kelly is what a thought he was “a racist cop from Boston”. Lord knows if you read civil rights history you know what Boston was like for African Americans in the 60’s. comeon did you really think he was not a racist or anti women. yeah when women were honored. and beaten by their drunkin husbands. and left to die while giving birth. STOP. and read what he said. horrible!

8 Likes

Kelly’s demeanor at that press conference was that of a military officer addressing new recruits. He should be removed from office for that alone. It is time for him to stop the free ride he has had from losing his son on a battlefield, and find a job he is qualified for.

3 Likes

Exactly, with the added bonus of the “adversaries” being black females. This is tailor-made for that jerk Trump!

2 Likes

This is for Kelly:

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available