Discussion: Debunked: Kavanaugh Accuser Seeking Revenge For Parents' Foreclosure

Oy vey Maria. Like she’s been plotting this “revenge” going back to when she told her therapist about it 15 years ago, on the off chance Kavanaugh might one day be nominated to the Supreme Court.

Of course, these are the same people who believed that in 1961 someone planted a fake birth announcement in the Hawaii newspaper in a plot to make a Nigerian-born mixed-race kid named Barack Hussein Obama president 48 years later.

11 Likes

Rough horse play would be when I would beat up my little brother in a pillow fight…

1 Like

Did you see the look on Grassley’s face this morning when a reporter asked whether the committee would ask Kavanaugh to take a polygraph? He so badly wanted to say “hell no, are you insane!” before saying something about how that’s up to Kavanaugh.

2 Likes

While we can’t generally go wrong assuming the worst about any elected or installed republican, I’m not sure that Roberts falls on the side of the president being completely above the law. No, I will not go to the mat for that idea.

1 Like

No doubt the Federalists feel completely blindsided by the empowerment of women to finally speak up and be taken seriously.

It’s everything they were fighting against, and their desperate flailing is the surest sign yet that they still don’t really know what hit them.

4 Likes

Well, no direct question was asked, which is exactly why Kennedy said that. Sure wish that Harris could ask Kennedy about that at the Monday hearing if it happens. Maybe she can work it into a “Judge Kavanaugh, why do you think Sen Kennedy said that during the previous hearing?” question.

2 Likes

The obvious solution is for Trump and his GOP Senate followers to pull Kavanaugh’s nomination and pick a clean candidate like Gorsuch.

I’m not a Republican, but if I were I’d tell them to withdraw Kavanaugh TODAY. Pick another qualified but plain vanilla right winger TOMORROW and proceed. They’re idiots for prolonging this, since it is politically toxic and increases the chance of no Trump appointment to the Court if — admittedly a big if — Democrats win the Senate.

Trump’s stupidity is profound. Thank God.

5 Likes

Demosthenes has an excellent point: Republicans are fools to prolong the exposure of Kavanaugh’s reputation to public scrutiny. Ultimately the more they do so, the worse all of them will look. Unfortunately the public won’t remember how this all devolved; the right-wing blogs will bloviate on how Mr. K. was Borked. I do think the letter from Yale law school students presents the best case against this nomination, and the letter should be widely disseminated.

2 Likes

Bbbbbut i was fairly certain that he said he wasn’t there that night. Was this another night? /s

4 Likes

THE GOOD OLE BOY’S CLUB
This is a pivotal moment for the GOP.
What’s more important, America, or promoting the GOP’s corporate agenda?
TAKE NOTE, AMERICA.
KAVANAUGH:
“C’mon fellas, this is the SUPREME COURT we’re talkin’ here!!!
Are we REALLY gonna make a big deal over a little piece of ass?”

Uggg…the women defending him and equivocating about this make me fucking nauseous. File this one with that “rough horseplay” idiocy:

3 Likes

Trump got out of the Exit Hollywood tape just by saying “It’s locker room talk, folks, just locker room talk.” I wouldn’t underestimate the power of faith to not let the facts get on the way of their opinions.

1 Like

Or, most enlightened human beings. Republicans, as currently constituted, not so much.

1 Like

Though the Access Hollywood tape preceded the #MeToo movement by more than a year, so I think the calculus has changed now. If the movement had started in the summer of 2016, I think the tape would have buried Trump.

1 Like

He was probably a binge drinker and hid it from his parents – that’s a pretty common pattern among teens. High-achieving teens can hide it from parents pretty easily if the parents aren’t watching fairly carefully (and sometimes even if they are watching carefully).

1 Like

I want to know more about this “seven minutes of heaven” game because we didn’t have that when I was of growing up. I have leaned it had rules and a timer. Kind of like The Apprentice for lust drunk teenagers.
Of course now there would be video so no future Supreme Court nominees can play.

Well I seen where a spokewoman for a group supporting Kavanaugh (they’re running ads, ugh!) said what Prof. Ford is describing was “horseplay.” When do we get to she wanted “rough sex”. see Robert Chambers murder trial.

2 Likes

The point here is not that Kavanaugh may have done something as a 17 year old - the issue is that he is lying about it, just as he has lied about multiple other issues during the confirmation process. That is why it is so sad to watch the issue become what he did when he was 17 - the disqualifying factor is that he is dishonest

3 Likes

“This makes it a rather weak foundation for a revenge plot.”

Right-wing trolls need strong foundations?

Link to letter, please!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available