Discussion: Debunked: Kavanaugh Accuser Seeking Revenge For Parents' Foreclosure

Hmmm. Getting revenge for winning. Probably not the first time it’s been used, but . . .

This ploy reeks of flop sweat.

7 Likes

What you’re smelling is desperation.

And just to clarify, judges don’t foreclose, lenders do.

And besides, judges don’t do anything but call balls and strikes, like umpires. I think we’ve heard that somewhere.

17 Likes

That is precisely the reason why the GOP does not dare derail this nomination. He has been groomed for this specific purpose. The GOP is unadulterated in its dependency as a Party to this nomination. With Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS, T rumpp is safe to ruin this country. Without the safety on the Court that Kavanaugh provides, T rumpp will more than likely be held accountable, as will the rest of the GOP along with him. That is an outcome that the GOP cannot afford. At this point, it is life or death. They need Kavanaugh to be confirmed, or they die. I know that sounds like an exaggeration, but in reality, i honestly do not think it is. This is where we’re at.

9 Likes

Expect more lies from the right as well as hideous attacks on the women as well as death threat to her and her family. That’s how Trumps Brown shirts operate in today’s world.

6 Likes

it is also mutual, which this certainly wasn’t.

BTW, there is a long and eloquent letter with hundreds of Yale Law graduates and teacher that argues against him in terms of the law and the Constitution.

7 Likes

They need to stress that Supreme Court justices have to be of the highest character and this revelation highlights that the GOP did not perform due diligence on Kavanaugh and the confirmation process needs to be extra thorough and thoroughly unrushed.

8 Likes

They need to stress that Supreme Court justices have to be of the highest character and this revelation highlights that the GOP has none.

8 Likes

“Bad Blood: Judge Kavanaugh’s Mother Foreclosed On Far Left Accuser’s Parents’ Home.”

I love how anyone who isn’t a far-right, xenophobic, racist, sexist homophobe is labeled “far left.”

16 Likes

Yup, I saw the letter. They really took Yale Law to task.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, although we know the lie has been debunked, it is far too likely that the various blogs promoting it won’t be publishing any corrections. The ‘big lie’ simply gets repeated and repeated until people accept it . Truth has nothing to do with it, as we’ve been reminded again and again and again.

7 Likes

@birdford, I completely agree. If it comes to she said/he said, I believe Christine Ford. I found her allegations credible from the beginning. Kavanaugh has already lied. What does Ford have to gain by making up a false story? Nothing, and she will be viciously attacked by unscrupulous supporters of Kavanaugh. Why would she do that?

3 Likes

Paul Mirengoff opines that “even assuming that, on one occasion, the teenage Kavanaugh, having had too much to drink, engaged in serious misconduct towards this girl, I fail to see why this should bar him from the Supreme Court.”

Why doesn’t that bar him from the court? Oh, that’s right, because Kavanaugh is a reactionary wing-nut who will make all of Mirengoff’s regressive fever-dreams come true, and because Mirengoff is A-OK with sexual assault.

“I don’t assume this occurred, however,” Mirengoff continues. “It seems more likely that Ms. Ford has invented or substantially embellished this story—out of political bias, animus towards the family because of the court case, or both.”

Why does he claim Ford is lying? Because he doesn’t care if it’s a lie or not since, again, he doesn’t care about sexual assault. And he especailly doesn’t care about sexual assault if the GOP can land a wing-nut Supreme Court judge.

If this were a Democratic Supreme Court nominee under discussion, however, Mirengoff would absolutely claim to beleive the Ford accusations (though he still wouldn’t care if they were true, or about sexual assault) and absolutely find them to be disqualifying.

We all already know all of this, of course - I’m just venting.

8 Likes

There was a question about this in Kavanaugh’s hearing, suggesting that the GOP knew this was an issue that could come up. It was Senator Kennedy, I think, who turned it into a “good ole boys” joke rather than asking Kavanaugh a specific question. Kennedy said something like, “Oh, I imagine someone will want to ask you about naughty things you did as a teenager, but we know that’s just silly.” Then all of the men guffawed just like you’d expect - but no direct answer was provided.

7 Likes

I think it was close to $200,000 in debt that suddenly disappeared when Kavanaugh came under consideration for the Supreme Court position. For a man who had only a few bucks to his name to suddenly be able to pay off such a substantial debt raises questions which haven’t been answered.

5 Likes

I thought she took and passed a polygraph. I’ve used them in my practice and they are very reliable. They may not be admissible in Court but they are good enough for law enforcement and major corporations to use all of the time. (Didn’t the WH just threaten to polygraph all of its staff to route out “Anonymous”?) The only people who attack polygraphs as unreliable are people who refuse to take them.

4 Likes

Carrie Severino spokesperson for the Judicial Crisis Network, a political arm of the Federalists Society, is using the Catholic Priest defense for Kavanaugh. “Rough horseplay.”

2 Likes

Every time anyone repeats anything, it is reinforced as a plausible idea or potential “fact”. It’s what we’re seeing now, again. Detailing all this bullshit is an effective hallmark and a tool that the Goobers of Propaganda party dream up and should instead be ignored. Walking us through the twisted illogic and crappy attempts to hide the miserable character of Kavanaugh is not only a waste of our time but also reinforces the opposite of what we know. It is not necessary, it is just plain scientifically wrong, and yet we just can’t help but do it. Some will say, “it’s just that we do it unconsciously”. Exactly! So enlist the conscious and don’t do it.

2 Likes

This particular meme has taken on a life of its own. The amazing thing is it is so easily debunked. All you have to do is read the pleadings and the land records. Her parents were able to refinance and the case was dismissed. No adverse ruling issued. No lost house. No reason for revenge.

8 Likes

HEY! I resemble that remark!

1 Like

I know, right? To us it’s a term of endearment, but to the Trumpies it’s akin to calling someone the Devil Incarnate.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available