Discussion: Corker Says He'll Support Final Tax Overhaul Bill Despite Initial Opposition

I think we have a winner

1 Like

It wasnā€™t Tom Delay who said that about drowning the government in a bathtub, it was Grover Norquist, and the quote was more like ā€œI want us to shrink government to a size so small we could drown it in a bathtub.ā€

As for Corker, leadership probably told him he didnā€™t have a ā€œfree voteā€ this time because theyā€™re not sure Cochran and McCain will be back in time.

1 Like

Corker and Rubio got the deals they wanted. Will similar deals be made when they finally get around to dealing with the thing in the White House? Or will they just act like nothing is happening? Iā€™m beginning to think that this Tax Bill wonā€™t matter in the long run because the GOP will not prevent what is essentially a soft coup from going on until The Constitution is just a quaint historical document and nothing more, and we are governed by Putin through Trump. I will stop feeling this way if I see just one GOP senator step up and show substantial, not just verbal, opposition to whatā€™s going on. Otherwise, I have no faith at all that they will do ANYTHING to stop him, even if Mueller can prove complete and overwhelming criminal wrongdoing.

1 Like

Will there even be a next administration?

1 Like

does " enterprising spirit " mean legislatively stealing from the actual producers
of wealth and sending it to those who started the thievery in the first place ?

1 Like

Why? So much for a patriot is just another Republican who bows to the whims of corporate America and the wealthy. Or he seeking a job with a corporation after he leaves office . Didnā€™t he just resign a coward.

Exit stage right, Snagglepussy. you are a real hard ass right up to the final vote Then you fold like a Robert Hall suit.

Just wanted some attention?
Just as much of a liar, crook, con, corrupt as the rest of the Republican lawmakers.
He just wanted the spotlight for a while longer - gawd, they are all just as bad, corrupt as Trump. Every one of them!
How much money is he getting for his vote?

Well, we knew it that you will all follow suit and follow the dear leader no matter how much you hate him. Party before country.

As predicted, they all roll over. No surprise.

So, I posted this 22 hours agoā€¦

Welp. Quite a dramatic shift in the last 22 hours it seems. :angry: Iā€™m glad I have kept breathing :rage: :imp: :rage:

1 Like

In other words, ā€œAll my post Senate rightwing welfare job offers were drying up.ā€

If you want live like a Republican vote Democrat. If you want to live like a Democrat, vote Republican.

1 Like

Laurence Oā€™Donnell just suggested that Corker (Foreign Relations Committee) may be hoping to get Secretary of State if Tillerson is booted. Thatā€™s the best explanation Iā€™ve heard for Corkerā€™s sudden change on this bill.

1 Like

I want media outlets to explain to us all the ways past tax cuts have made us domesticly more productive - ever
show us all the companies that hired thousands of middle class paying jobs in america due to tax cuts

Of course heā€™s going to support it! The reason is perfectly clear! Heā€™s going to primary trump in two years!

watch who he goes to work for next - youā€™ll have his motive

[quote=ā€œgusfabriani, post:40, topic:66415ā€]
he worthless GOP is simply starving the government to death,
[/quote] and yet managing to grow enormously fat on it themsleves - how that work?

Cheap little fucking fop struts the stage and milks it for all its worth before betraying Americans everwhereā€¦step in a manhole you duplicitous fraud.

Corker: For 2020, I have moderates and now I have Trump supporters and people think I am the only Fiscal Conservative in Amerikkka.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available