Discussion: Corker Says He'll Support Final Tax Overhaul Bill Despite Initial Opposition

What is his motivation here? He’s terrified of life after he leaves? I just don’t understand these guys. Everyone hates this bill. Well, they’ll all be pariahs together. And, yes, the work we will have to do undoing all of this will be arduous and thankless. As always. Fuckers. Excuse me but can’t help it.

1 Like

Bob will see a tax reduction of several million a year if this pile of shit passes into law.
That’s his motivation.

11 Likes

How long before the bills to cut Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security - before or after the State of the Union speech? And how about Children’s Health Insurance Program - just let it slide down the Memory Hole?

And they’re doing everything they can to shut down the #trumprussia investigations, so we can go through the same BS interference in our elections in 2018. See the string of Adam Schiff’s twe
ets in Mother Jones.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/12/rep-adam-schiff-warns-republicans-are-moving-to-shut-down-house-russia-probe-target-mueller/

And get out and fight and work our asses off for the midterms.
ETA: Didn’t realize Allegra already had a story up about Schiff. I’m a little slow today.

8 Likes

Republicans. Always. Cave.

5 Likes

Sure, Bob. I always thought you would. The tax cut for the rich is at 29% approval, but what the hell. You’re not running again, at least for now, so what do you have to lose? Only your soul.

3 Likes

Since tens of millions (like me) will see their taxes go up, the smart move for Democrats is to just repeal it and call it a tax decrease for all but Trump, billionaires and corporations, and restoring health insurance to 13 millions. It can be called deficit reduction as well.

5 Likes

So much for deficit mattering to the gop

1 Like

May someone at the DNC will hear that because it’s a perfect and easily memorable phrase.

3 Likes

Makes you wonder what is he getting for his yes vote

3 Likes

so many of the basket of deplorables have jumped out lately that corker, ever the opportunist, opted to jump in.

4 Likes

GOP dogma: “Let’s just do it and be legends!”

But before they pass this tax bill, they need to purge a few public servants over at the FBI. Christ.

"The individual activity of one man with backbone will do more than a thousand men with a mere wishbone." – William J. H. Boetcker

2 Likes

Well, now, Susan Collins can vote against the bill knowing her vote won’t matter.

6 Likes

@ronbyers The inequality has become so extreme that all the next Democratic president will need to do is point to the peasants constructing guillotines in front of the Capitol.

1 Like

His accountant crunched the numbers and Corker realized how much he’ll get.

2 Likes

Millions of tax rebate bucks.

Deficits only matter if a Democrat is president, according to the GOP standard playbook.

4 Likes

Yeah I know the said part is the msm will follow them up

Maybe a lobbying job that pays far more than his Senate job?

2 Likes

As the horrible, criminal, felonious Tom Delay said, “The GOP wants to drown the government in the bathtub”. The worthless GOP is simply starving the government to death, and as government gets less effective due to less operating revenue, the GOP will point and say, “See, we told you government is ineffective”. What totally despicable pricks.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available