Discussion: Corker Says He'll Support Final Tax Overhaul Bill Despite Initial Opposition

Is he that much of a self-hating, spineless weasel that he’s trying to make Trump and/or the GOP happy at the last minute? He doesn’t need them anymore.

6 Likes

“And to all of you that will be deprived of health insurance because of this bill - suck it!”

8 Likes

In his statement, Corker said, “I realize this is a bet on our country’s enterprising spirit, and that is a bet I am willing to make.”

In other words, “That thing in Kansas never happened.” Swish. “These are not the droids you are looking for.” Swish. “Move along now.” Swish…

15 Likes

You had nothing to lose but the beginning of a reputation for integrity. Gutless bastard.

22 Likes

Hang together. All of you good for nothing bastards.

PS: now you know for certain they will do nothing when the filthy, god-dammned unfit, unqualified racist birther fires the special prosecutor. Nothing.

Your economic and political subjugation is a hair’s breadth away. Good luck.

8 Likes

Well, the fix is in. Merry Christmas, Poors.

I keep thinking THIS will kill the GOP. But every time, people keep voting for them. Because reasons.

5 Likes

Grand Old Phonies.

Here you go super wealthy.

Make Guillotines Great Again

5 Likes

With Corker folding, you have to wonder who has custody of the Republicans’ lone spine…or did they just hang it back in the closet to bring it out for the next “show 'n tell.”?

7 Likes

Donald Trump has nothing to do with this vote. He is doing this for his paymasters. The guys who are going to hire him as their million dollar lobbyist just as soon as his term ends. Like Jeff Flake he can sign this bill secure in the knowledge that he won’t be held accountable by the voters.

Look for a lot of Republicans to run for the exits after voting for this deeply unpopular bill–literally an unloved tax cut that only helps the donor class.

5 Likes

The spineless scum folded like a shitty lawnchair.

10 Likes

It’s OK he is a Republican. None of them have real spines.

2 Likes

Another phony deficit hawk kicks the bucket. It’s over. Party over country. Donors over constituents. Trump over America.

Today’s GOP and its elected officials, ladies and gentlemen.

10 Likes

The real problem is the next administration is going to have to undo this nightmare, and the Republican shits will hammer them for raising taxes.

20 Likes

Would it be too much to hope that he was getting ready to pull a Sen Jim Jeffords?

Nah.

Corker caves and decides to hold onto the hammer while the GOP nails the lid on the coffin of the poor and the middle class in the US.

6 Likes

Maybe, since the Democrats won’t hammer the phrase “deficit busting tax hike” into the public mind. Added bonus: this bill already will raise your taxes either now or very shortly. The advert should write itself, but there I go again…

It would be an awesome skit to show a couple admitting that their taxes and healthcare premiums went up after this bill has passed, and when asked, “Will you still vote Republican”? they both stupidly nod and say, “Oh, yes!”

6 Likes

Of course he does, because like someone in an abusive relationship he just can’t quit the party

2 Likes

" he’s a typical corker. " will live forever when a republican ever speaks concern about the deficit.
" don’t ever believe him. its just another corkscrew."

’

3 Likes

“We need to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to rape the US Treasury for our wealthy benefactors and corporations” is more like what they are doing.

This should not be a surprise, in the end the Republicans are going to go along, despite all of their whining about deficits during the Obama administration, and despite the evidence that shows this will not do anything for the economy, and in fact will likely trash it. The wealthy and corporations will get a bit of a boost (and shuffle that into offshore tax havens), we’ll have another economic crash, and the Republicans will stand in the way of doing anything to help the average Americans while encouraging their racist base to stand against any advancement by “those people”. Same as it ever was.

3 Likes

Corker’s approval in Tennessee has dropped from 60% to 46% in the last month.

Since he’s retiring to spend more time with his millions, he could not care less.

As I’ve said before—I’ve known Bob for dog’s years, and I wouldn’t trust him if he were in an outhouse wearing a muzzle.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available