Discussion: After Video Contradicts John Kelly, White House Doubles Down In Defense

Misstated? Kelly lied and botched a Henry V quote. Headlines likes this have become a staple of TPM and it is why I’m letting my subscription die. HE LIED. Say it and stop being cowards or as Shakespeare would put it: “Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”

2 Likes

Goddamn! There are enough snowflakes in the Trump administration to rival The Great Chicago Blizzard of 1967.

2 Likes

They got what they wanted. Burn the whole thing down to start the revolution.

Then a miracle happens.

Then utopiary for everyone!

4 Likes

It does - it looks like a very pretty town.

I wonder though if it isn’t smack in the middle of the area where the Camorra has been dumping toxic waste for years. It’s right between Naples and Bari and I think that’s where that triangle is.

And while I don’t think it would be an issue for people who might move there as ex-pats, anyone there is going to be caught between the Camorra and the Sacra Corona, that runs Puglia and is based in Bari.

Still, there is also one of Italy’s great opera houses in Bari. I could live in Puglia except it’s hotter than hell in the summer.

And that’s the hilarious thing in all of this. These idiots were screaming about Benghazi day and night. “They let them die!” All the teeth gnashing, garment rending, tearing out their own hair was a joke. They didn’t give a damn about Amb. Stevens. They used his dead body as a political stunt. Because if you were genuinely upset about those four Americans dying, you should be just as heartbroken over these four. If you’re not its because it was all bullshit in the first place.

19 Likes

I am stunned that a stand up guy like General Kelly, one of a handful of shining lights in the dimmest administration in history, has not corrected his misstatement.

1 Like

Yeah, I want to stand before Sarandon and scream, “How’s that fucking glorious revolution going for you? Bitch.”

6 Likes

John Kelly is about as much of a stand up guy as my fold-out couch.

8 Likes

That’s when you take your vacation in August up in the Italian Alps. :smile:

1 Like

Yes.
I think that is a headline unto itself.

“General Kelly, saddened that he to has sacrificed his dignity to lie for a draft dodging, military slandering, serial molester, tax cheat and traitor.”

4 Likes

An attempt to deflect is certainly at work there – but, those two things come out from the same well of poison.

4 Likes

The head count is the responsibility of the unit commander at the scene not the private contractor. Fact is they ran leaving a man behind.

4 Likes

Answers to question posed by Bodie1 about Republican disinterest in the Niger tragedy:
1.) Sgt. Johnson was a little too, shall we say, “melanin-enhanced”.
2.) Obama wasn’t president.
3.) Hillary wasn’t Secretary of State.

5 Likes

O man you’re right.

That’s what I’ll tell Mr Tena next time he reminds me that the Mezzogiorno and Sicily are hot in the summer.

2 Likes

He is a piece of work. He obviously has issues with strong, African American females. Shame on him. He could have stopped after the first few paragraphs of his speech but, like Trump, he couldn’t stop and got nasty. Either he has issues with strong females (Black) or he is as facile a liar as Trump.

4 Likes

Well out of all of this we’ve gained a new epithet for President *

*= Orange Shitgibbon
Mango Mussolini
Donnie Two Scoops
E.B. Empty Barrel
Anusmouth

I think we need to send him back to Scotland to get some more choice epithets.

1 Like

This man has so thoroughly disgraced himself and dishonored his son’s memory. I cannot verbalize why I am so physically ill over this but I am. I don’t understand how we are in day 5 of this feud. This is worse than the Khan family feud - they were at least somewhat removed by time from their son’s death and they themselves chose to speak at the DNC.

As anyone who’s had a loved one die suddenly know, those first couple days you are just a raw, open wound of emotion. And not only did this President fuck up and throw salt on that wound, but he and his callous administration continue to do so. There’s little you can do to comfort someone in this situation, especially as a stranger - the best you can do is express condolences and leave them alone to grieve with their family. Instead, while they are desperately trying to steady themselves, these assholes just keep throwing potshots out. And from all accounts, Rep Wilson is family to Sgt Johnson and his family.

I just want them to shut up. But of course they can’t, because Trump’s narcissism knows no bounds and he isn’t pathologically incapable of letting something go or taking a loss.

7 Likes

Spot on. You unpacked it perfectly.

And that’s what motivates the general to serve the moron. They share they same deeply held racist beliefs.

4 Likes

I was glad to have Kelly there to keep Trump’s finger off the button. But beyond that, he will always be “Mr. ICE” to me. This is the guy who gave our worst government employees the green light to tear families apart.

12 Likes

Did you watch Lawrence O’Donnell last night? He analyzed his exactly. Talked about the Boston neighborhood in which they both grew up and how it felt about women and minorities.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available