Discussion: After Video Contradicts John Kelly, White House Doubles Down In Defense

5 Likes

Anything to avoid people talking about how this might of happened because they put Chad on the travel ban list for no reason expect stupidity.

36 Likes

Gallup

35-60

29 Likes

Keep asking,@mattshuham there is gold out there !

8 Likes

Seriously, because Trump blathering nonsense like a common President Trump and upsetting a war widow along with all the attendant jibber-jabber and side issues amounts to one of the least toxic things that could be out there in the public discussion of this administration.

16 Likes

Who ya gonna believe? The White House, or your lying eyes?

24 Likes

I’m beginning to think you could be right. Manufacture an ugly distraction for that very purpose.

7 Likes

So apparently this happened 700 miles from Chad, and the real issue seems to be that they had only very skimpy evacuation support, through a temporary private contractor, who did not even manage to recover all of the soldiers in the group because it didn’t do a head count. That’s why Johnson’s body was left for 48 hours, to be recovered by Nigerian and French troops, even though he was wearing a location device.

16 Likes

So Huck-a-San lies AGAIN [of course she did]…

In doubling down & defending Kelly’s lie…

While he was defending Trump, who ADMITTEDLY lied when contradicting the widow and the Congresswoman.

“What a tangled web we weave,
when first we practice to deceive.”

10 Likes

We live in a post-truth world. This can only end in tears…

9 Likes

After Kelly’s malicious attempt to smear Rep Wilson with what we now know are lies, I think both these things are important. That was not a trivial misstep.

36 Likes

This is the Spicer Inauguration size statement all over again…

9 Likes

OF COURSE - because Kelly has NO MORAL FIBER and embraces LYING as a tool of communication

8 Likes

Or worse…

5 Likes

Speaking from the perspective of a full barrel, Ms. Suckabee should know.

7 Likes

I’m stunned, stunned I tell you, that John Kelley would convince me he can be as foolish as Trump.

10 Likes

This is an absolute clinic in the art of the Big Lie.

Goebbels would be proud of these people.

24 Likes

I can feel the Trump presidency making America stronger and greater by the minute.

4 Likes

Well a day ago Kelly had a middling reputation. Now, after reading the articles on this issue, I would say mud is descriptive of his reputation.

Another case of why the hell is this being engaged this way? Kelly is a General, by all I know, he should know how to keep himself out of this mess. Instead, he jumped into the pig stye with both feet. The only advantage is this pulls some of the repercussions away from Trump.

It has stirred up an incredible amount of controversy. This is detracting from Trump’s folly. But also it keeps the news cycle away from bigger things as well.

We need to keep our eye on the ball. Russian Problem being one of them.

11 Likes

Kelly on Thursday said that Wilson, in her 2015 speech, “stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise stood up there and all of that…”

(“Uppity!”)

“…and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents…”

(“Obamaphones for everyone!”)

“…and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money — the $20 million…”

(“Handed out the welfare check then and there!”)

“…And she sat down, and we were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.”

(“Didn’t know her place!”)

81 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available