Discussion: After Video Contradicts John Kelly, White House Doubles Down In Defense

Let’s not get confused, here. Where are Republican cries about Chad? It’s just the next letter in the alphabet after Benghazi.

5 Likes

Kelly – by his own definition – is an empty barrel. Out there shootin’ his mouth off and lyin’ loudly.

9 Likes

Exactly! Trump is intimidated by strong Black women but they are not the least bit intimidated by him. Rep. Wilson is joining a great group, Rep. Maxine Waters, Michelle Obama, Rev. Faith Green Timmons in Flint, etc.

11 Likes

just so. turns out kelly is a racist, lying POS like his boss.

4 Likes

Nope, not going to call you one, because I agree with you.

3 Likes

I heard Kelly say it, and proudly, and it is about the best analogy for all these liars and thieves.

Think about this (though it’s OT), move to Candela, also called Nap’licchie and get paid to do so.

5 Likes

arf, arf

3 Likes

It is Friday - could be a blockbuster news dump.

1 Like

Cows.

1 Like

Keep doubling down, Sarah Baby. It don’t matter. Because just like that moustache on your upper lip, video lasts forever.

2 Likes

Masha Gessen has an excellent piece on the larger significance of Kelly@s speech in today’s online New Yorker
://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/john-kelly-and-the-language-of-the-military-coup

3 Likes

O hell! You know how to tempt me.

1 Like

General John Kelly is an asshole.
Sarah Saders is an asshole.
They have done excellent work demonstrating this for all who are not also assholes to see.
Rotten people.

5 Likes

Well, we kinda knew that… he was, after all, willing to work for that Lying Orange Shit-Stain… so that, right there, was a big clue that something was wrong with him.

I’ve heard more than one person call Kelly a racist, as well, as if that were well known, but I’m not sufficiently familiar with him or his history to know what that might be about.

1 Like

"MISSPOKE??" Biggest weasel word in the English language and it’s your reporter, TPM who is using it!! Cll LIES LIES–it was the MSM’s failure to do so that enabled DT

5 Likes

We’d move in a heartbeat if we could. It looks lovely.

1 Like

The more a lie is repeated, the more it becomes truth. Facts don’t matter to them. Romney used that tactic too. These people are going to kill us…we need a major millions of people protests as Sanders and Sarandon promised. Who remembers that???

2 Likes

Another way to consider the empty barrel is as an echo chamber. Sound bounces off all sides of an empty barrel, echoing, and echoing, and echoing, and echoing… ad infinitum. That’s why right-wing conservatives spend so much time talking only to themselves. They’re all in an empty barrel together, and they can hear what they want to hear, over and over and over and over again, coming at them from all sides. An empty barrel is their universe. It’s the only place where they feel safe. When sane and rational thought violates their echo chamber, they lash out violently. Outside their echo chamber, they feel exposed and very vulnerable because their words don’t echo back to them to prop them up. When they’re outside of the barrel and try to speak, what they get back is something contrary to anything they imagined they would hear, which makes them very sad and angry.

@littlegirlblue

2 Likes

Is this where we get the old saying, “More fun than a barrel of Huckabees”? Which basically means, of course, that removing your skin with a potato peeler is more fun.

5 Likes

The breakout!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available