Discussion: After Video Contradicts John Kelly, White House Doubles Down In Defense

SOP.

1. Don’t apologize.
  2. Holler that you were right.
  3. Move on to the next bullshit charge.

Whiny does it constantly.

1 Like

Well-played @irasdad

2 Likes

This may interest you:

“The administration has been under general scrutiny in the last several days as the Pentagon and the Federal Bureau of Investigation attempt to piece together what happened in Niger, and public frustration grows at the lack of information that is being made public. McCain’s complaint goes beyond that…”

@clauscph @mattinpa

8 Likes

Sanders’ statement continued: “As Gen. Kelly pointed out, if you’re able to make a sacred act like honoring American heroes about yourself, you’re an empty barrel.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/06/eric-trump-my-father-gives-millions-and-millions-and-millions-to-charity/?utm_term=.f499069ef8c4

3 Likes

I’m glad the Sun Sentinel found the video which eliminates all doubt about Wilson’s speech at the FBI headquarters.
When the Nazi death camps were liberated Eisenhower made sure to have them filmed so there wouldn’t be no doubters.

6 Likes

Hi, Tena, I edited the comment to which you’re responding to reflect new information. I don’t think it materially affects your observation, but you may want to re-read the changed comment to see if you agree.

1 Like

I’d guess Kelly is “stunned” by Trump every day working in the White House. By now he should know that Trump is poison, and he ought to refuse to come to his defense, because the stain will be on Kelly. That Trump used Kelly’s words and mangled them must really sting, but that’s no excuse for lashing out at Rep Wilson.

Sandra needs to change the name of her daily press briefing to daily press lying.

3 Likes

A very interesting article about Col. Jessup Gral. Kelly

7 Likes

Generalissimo Kelly, King of the Spazguls and minion of Mauron.

4 Likes

Mauron ? Shouldn’t it be Sauron ?

2 Likes

Why would Kelly end a distinguished career by shilling for a lying orange pig?

1 Like

I’m sure I remember that Trump made his visit to the CIA (or FBI?) wall of sorrow that honors fallen agents all about himself. According to Kelly’s definition, that makes Trump a BIG EMPTY BARREL.

4 Likes

Kelly seems to be bit by the same “military can do no wrong” bug as Rep. Tulsi Gabbard. Several months ago, Josh pointed out Rep. Gabbard’s statements honoring the military over the populace as antithetical to a representative democracy, led by a civilian government. This military hero worship is not healthy for our country and I think we need some way to address it and push back.

Members of the military deserve to be honored for their service, but they shouldn’t be put up on a pedestal over the common citizens. America’s military might is not what makes it “great.” It’s our commitment to giving everyone a voice in their own government that needs to be honored and put on a pedestal (not in the garbage like this maladministration is attempting to do). Kelly is doing a great disservice to this country by backing this enthrallment to military service.

7 Likes

Yup. Floor and ceiling cracked. And when floors and ceilings crack, it doesn’t matter if it’s just variance. Because variance doesn’t explain how they got in a position to be cracked now, does it?

Whoa.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me to the edit you made. It doesn’t affect what I was aimed at. Josh has always been exceedingly willing to give some people more benefits of more doubts than I ever would and it was that aspect of it that I was referring to.

It didn’t have anything to do with the Niger events directly. I was talking about Kelly’s character or lack thereof, and it seems Josh often is unwilling to admit that about some people. He was like that about Comey.

1 Like

They are all dirty rotten liars. Deplorable isn’t even descriptive enough.

1 Like

Inserting and extracting Special Ops/Hmong mercenary teams from the jungle was what my aviation unit did for our year in Nam. In the midst of the violent, explosive ground fire, the professional and amazingly calm communication with the team leaders on the ground there is such a desperate need to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible. But you never lifted off until one of the American Special Ops guys gave the GO!! signal. Never. I think we will see more as this story unfolds but at this point too many seem to be jumping to the conclusion that the Aviation company unilaterally decided to take off before getting the okay to do so from the American soldier left in charge of the 12 member team. There’s a lot of confusion and blame to go around here methinks but the pre-eminent part of this is how did Sgt. Johnson get left behind for two frikken days by a highly trained, totally professional Special Forces Team. Did panic lead to collapse of unit cohesion or did the aviation company just di di mau out of their own panic and confusion. More will be revealed now that trump has made this a national story that they tried so hard to keep under wraps.

5 Likes

You nailed it! That was the question that started all this crap (read diversion) on Monday of this week. Resist, remove!

3 Likes

For all kelly’s talk he is just a coward

1 Like

I was glad to have Kelly there to keep Trump’s finger off the button.

Can Kelly do that? Will he tackle Trump if he goes for the button? What if Kelly is not around? I now doubt that Kelly serves any useful purpose that will protect the country from Trump.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available