Discussion: 3 Charged With Attempted Murder After Allegedly Firing On Spencer Protesters

We need to stop all the goddamned flag waving, weapon worship, patting ourselves on the back, playing the Hellalujah Chorus, American exceptionalism, blah, blah, blah, rah, rah, rah.

Barack Obama (on TV): …to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one…

Driver: You hear that line? Line’s for you.

Jackie Cogan: Don’t make me laugh. One people. It’s a myth created by Thomas Jefferson.

Driver: Oh, so now you’re going to have a go at Jefferson, huh?

Jackie Cogan: My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words ‘All men are created equal’, words he clearly didn’t believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He’s a rich white snob who’s sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and fucked his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we’re living in a community? Don’t make me laugh. I’m living in America, and in America you’re on your own. America’s not a country. It’s just a business. Now fucking pay me.

3 Likes

Back in the good old days, America had real Nazis like Werner Von Braun, who designed the Saturn V rocket that took American astronauts to the moon. Now, we have these pale imitations of Nazis, shit-stains that march around with Tikki torches, and play toy soldier.

1 Like

No, “we” didn’t. Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Indians, Australians, etc defeated Germany. And Hitler’s venture went downhill badly when he stepped in some serious shit invading Russia. All we did was put down a wounded dog. Germany was sick and running out of gas long before VE Day. Of course that didn’t stop us from incinerating Dresden, another city of dubious military value. Done just to pile misery on more misery. An apoplectic fit of vengeance. Yeah, we were the heroes.

2 Likes

Here in Virginia in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods
http://www.nbc12.com/story/36631483/video-shows-middle-school-students-simulating-sex-yelling-racist-rants

2 Likes

Larry, Moe, and Curly 2.0

“(This is the master race?)”

Maybe not:

4 Likes

Pol Pot khmer rouge regime and Henry Kissinger and Chile and Nicaragua and Guatemala, etc. etc. Now Mexico and Iraq, Sudan etc. Rwanda. Where were/are “we” the self-righteous?

1 Like

“Our response today should be no different than our response in 1941.”

9 Likes

Von Braun was influential enough that Tom Lehrer wrote a song about him.

And what is it that put America in the forefront of
the nuclear nations? And what is it that will make it
possible to spend twenty billion dollars of your money
to put some clown on the moon? Well, it was good old
American know how, that’s what, as provided by good
old Americans like Dr. Wernher von Braun!
Gather 'round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun
A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience
Call him a Nazi, he won’t even frown
“Ha, Nazi, Schmazi” says Wernher von Braun
Don’t say that he’s hypocritical
Say rather that he’s apolitical
“Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That’s not my department” say Wernher von Braun
Some have harsh words for this man of renown
But some think our attitude
Should be one of gratitude
Like the widows and cripples in old London town
Who owe their large pension to Wernher von Braun

3 Likes

My ideal master race would remember sun screen.

aaaaaand @tamdai stole my joke, er, responded more quickly than I.

1 Like

OK, so, are these good guys with guns or bad guys with guns? It can be confusing at times.

6 Likes
2 Likes

“Nazis and Nazi ideology are evil and should be resisted at all times by civilized society.”

“We took advantage of Nazi-era scientists after WWII and we did horrific and morally-questionable things in WWII and also we had allies in defeating the Nazis.”

Is the latter meant to be a counterargument to the former? I don’t get it. Is there now a moral equivalence between Nazis and not-Nazis? I’m not good at deciphering whataboutism…

“It’s always been socially acceptable to punch a Nazi

Yes.

…to attack people if they have right-wing political leanings,” Fears told the newspaper.

No, unless they are, you know, literal Nazis.

4 Likes

Such good people in the white separatist movement. Fortunately for the rest of the world these three morons are really lousy shots.

and the school spokesman replies with , “was this some kind of locker room play?”

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Trump’s America.

2 Likes

Let’s see, we fought a world war to stop Nazis, they were in process of exterminating Jews, Gypsy’s and Gays. Its safe to say that Nazis don’t just dislike, Jews, Gypsy’s, Gays, (Blacks and Latinos too) they would actively seek to eliminate them. In light of this, I would say YES it is okay to punch Nazis. Find me a WWII vet who witnessed their atrocities that doesn’t agree.

2 Likes

Clearly, they’re not sending us their best people …

3 Likes

At least two of the men have ties to extremist groups, according to Gainesville police. Tenbrink and William Fears also have attended previous white nationalist events, including the chaotic rally in Charlottesville, Virginia where counter-protester Heather Heyer was killed and many others were injured when white nationalist James Fields plowed his car into them.

The other thing that happened in Charlottesville was that a white nationalist pulled out a gun, aimed it at the counterprotestors, and pulled the trigger. The gun failed to go off. Police, shown not very far off in the background of a video of the incident, didn’t react at all.

3 Likes

And they of course look just like we thought they’d look . Sigh. Sometimes I just want to yell at the universe to stop confirming my stereotypes because let’s face it…it gets a little boring.

6 Likes

This in not Trump’s America, its Republican America. He’s just the latest manifestation, an extreme one yes, but Republican pandering to the extremist Right has led us to this point, from Nixon to Trump, each Republican President has been more extreme than the one before. Remember how horrible Bush was, lied us into a war that killed an untold number of people. We shouldn’t let Republicans off the hook. This is their America.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available