Yovanovitch Slams Trump’s Attacks On Impeachment Witnesses: ‘Our Country Deserved Better Than This’

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was central to the House’s impeachment of President Donald Trump, blasted Trump’s retaliatory crusade against fellow impeachment witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman on Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319793

Appears to me that she is saying what any other person who is not in Trump’s Cult would say…

Seriously.

32 Likes

“He deserved better than this,” the former diplomat continued. “Our country deserved better than this.”

70% of it, anyway.

31 Likes

Certainly 65,853,514 of us.

24 Likes

Oh, you and your precision.

16 Likes

Indeed… “Our country deserved better than this”

So remember in November…

Our country deserved better than those 52 Senate RethugniCONS!

Learn their names
AND
Vote them all out!
Vote Blue!

23 Likes

Ok let’s agree 1000%

4 Likes

Trump may have cleaned house of the courageous Impeachment witnesses, but mark my words, in November, the American people will clean the Oval Office of the most corrupt President in American history.

And every time I read a story like this, I’m reminded of Bolton’s cowardice and lack of patriotism.

33 Likes

The League of Extraordinary Dipshits.

29 Likes

A most valuable ad.

Senators are like students. They use the fact that they hide themselves in their own group.

There are ways to deal with that…and it looks like These Folks are working on this.

The better the Lincoln Project does at this, the better for us. Goppers are among the best at evading blame for their political malpractice

18 Likes

I, for one, would not be at all offended if my precious tax money eventually pays each of Trump’s professional victims a million bucks apiece, give or take a few grand.
These true patriots and sincere public servants deserve more than vindication, they deserve compensation.

20 Likes

It may come to that.

Trump destroys people.

10 Likes

“Our Country Deserved Better Than This”

Tell that to Mitch.

Oh, wait…he doesn’t care.

10 Likes

I hope we come out of this with a new understanding of patriotism and public service.

It’s nurses and grocery workers and paramedics and teachers who deserve a million bucks a year.

Not hedge-fund managers.

40 Likes

OT, sorta : ). walked over last night and got a photo…

eta…
The T Tower lights are always on. They’re off now !

29 Likes

Are you prepared to pay them?

5 Likes

Annoying, but useful.

1 Like

Sure, if listing the number to stave off despair is precision. :pensive:

4 Likes

Sure. Tax the billionaires out of existence. Centi-millionaires, too.

4 Likes

Trump’s response to COVID is so evil that I doubt it will be comprehensible to most. It obviously is not.

Pence, Barr and McConnell have not been arrested, charged, sentenced and imprisoned.

I understand the interest in Mary Trump and even in Bolton. I also understand that both of their books could sway the needle on a few voters remaining we can get to see that Trump is a monster.

The book we also needed was a comprehensive work that lays out what Trump DID to get COVID to the infection totals which exist.

It’s not my field…that task. I wish it was.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available