Yovanovitch Slams Trump’s Attacks On Impeachment Witnesses: ‘Our Country Deserved Better Than This’

I hereby demand that never be seen as OT.

13 Likes

And it was good.

8 Likes

Maybe I’m naive, but I think Col. Vindman doesn’t care about big money; he just wants to serve his country. And the Pumpkin Traitor took away that one thing. Talk about giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

18 Likes

He is, he’s totally loaded. Just ask to borrow money. He’ll tell you several times he’s not rich but don’t believe a word of it.

8 Likes

Was reminded of how many good people were thrown on the trash pile from the biggest trash that ever existed.

7 Likes

Good point, they are good at some things like attacking people (deserved or otherwise doesn’t matter) but I don’t want any of those people working in my government. Ever.

2 Likes

In the constant blast of evil…it’s easy to forget how many good people donnie has screwed.

There is a huge list of people who should be awarded Congressional Medals of Freedom from Pres Biden.

8 Likes

A harsh, yet succinct and ultimately fair response to a consummate wanker.
43AA2010-6C70-4C54-B6CA-01F48E26316A

10 Likes

Agreed. Vindman didn’t deserve this. But however much I hate to say it, America deserved Toadglans mit der Bone Spurs and every bit of the woe and pestilence he’s been allowed to wreak. I just hope our nation has learned its painful lesson. If not, our little experiment in democracy, such as it is, is over.

2 Likes

Well I guess I’ll just chime in for i-dad:

He wrote “deserve” not “everyone in any job should be paid $500 an hour (= a million dollar salary), not $13, in a better economic system I have here”.

The point is that the US has the worst income distribution along with the worst generational socioeconomic mobility and the worst legal job parameters among advanced countries. Certain jobs are so lucrative that huge numbers of college and advanced degree students in top universities have been directed toward Wall Street or angling for top management positions in corporations by the enormous disparities in pay.

Let’s see, typical middle class life with very careful budgeting and maybe get a nice SUV with five years of payments and your kids in the local public school. Or: have whatever house you want anywhere you want plus a vacation house and a boat and a Mercedes S Class and a Lexus SUV plus maybe a Tesla and whatever vacations to wherever you want and send your kids to any exclusive private schools and prestige colleges and not think much about money ever: your choice.

Only go to school for twelve years of your life? Well, then you can maybe get a job working hard all day for $12.73 an hour with no job security. But you are guaranteed two breaks in a grim break room with plastic chairs and possibly a refrigerator to put your sandwich in and a microwave oven to heat your Hot Pocket for your unpaid time for lunch. Probably varying hours and days every week with no notice, and you do want a good schedule, don’t you? After maybe a year, two weeks off, so don’t complain. Complainers don’t keep their jobs.

Things do not have to work this way.

16 Likes

Way too big a brush for me, Tio.

4 Likes

I wish my house was not in the middle of a plumbing emergency right now – my entire house smells like poop, and the toilets are sputtering and coughing all over the bathrooms. I think they’re a step away from flooding.

But somehow, given this article, I can’t help but think my situation strangely allegorical. A plumber is on the way to fix things, which I hope is also a metaphor.

8 Likes

self-loathing heals nothing.

3 Likes

I am afraid I can only agree 1/100th times.

3 Likes

It’ll also cost me dearly, I’m sure. Another metaphor.

2 Likes

And what’s crazy is…even if we fixed this, rich people would still be rich! So what’s their damn objection??

8 Likes

This is something special. The goopers are not landing blows on Joe, so their candidates have been attacking Pelosi, AOC, and Ilhan Omar, for example, as their Democratic betes noirs. Now Trump is going after Bernie (who technically is not a Democrat).

Jonathan Lemire
@JonLemire

Trump leaning into new attack lines: “Biden is a puppet of Bernie Sanders, AOC and the radical left.” “Nobody will be safe in a Biden America but Biden doesn’t know what a Biden America is. But other people do.” And again claims the left wants to tear down “statues to Jesus”

11:15 AM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter Web App

10 Likes

They are evil. Evil takes many forms and do not always resemble Bluto in the Popeye cartoons.

They cause great hardship to others.

3 Likes

the President fired Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson, who had submitted to Congress the whistleblower complaint that set off the impeachment process. Though Trump did not publicly provide a reason for Atkinson’s ouster, multiple reports stated that he had removed Atkinson for his role in Trump’s impeachment.

I am pretty sure we didn’t need “multiple reports” to tell us this.

Just heard that a case manager I worked with daily for the last 9 years before I retired died from COVID yesterday. 60 year old Hispanic male with no other comorbidities.

Mass murdering motherfucker.

16 Likes

and not just by donnie. Ambassador Yovanovitch was fed to the sharks by that fatuous dickhead mike pompeo.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available