You Won't Find Vintage Trump Nostalgia Here

Thanks for the link - that was really something. It looks like they found no evidence that he wrecked a car, but the rest . . .

15 Likes

I’d argue they want them displayed so they can attract a husband. The joke in college was (and this was in the 1980’s) that some significant portion of the female population was going for their Mrs. Short of schools they’d have to start having balls and and dances to display their daughters.

I’m not saying you’re absolutely wrong, but I think the educational aspects are secondary to actual desired outcomes.

11 Likes

He always has cheating, which would allow him to claim he’d beaten Nick Faldo, “frankly, by a lot” or “by numbers nobody’s ever seen”.

14 Likes

NYT/Siena poll: Likely voters

Michigan
Harris 50%
Trump 46%

Pennsylvania
Harris 50%
Trump 46%

Wisconsin
Harris 50%
Trump 46%

Aug. 5-9

42 Likes

Are we headed towards a ‘fervor gap,’ as if zealots were enough to win an election?

6 Likes

It’s a very long list.

26 Likes

I would not advise anyone to eat that beef.

Worst case of “mad cow” disease ever.

10 Likes

When do we get around to Donnie’s swimming the Yangtze?

10 Likes

It is upsetting to me that Garland has not spoken publicly about the electors’ plans to refuse to certify election results. Why are we left to worry that the DOJ is ignoring this problem the way the last DOJ ignored the rise of violent white nationalists? see: 1/6/21
Garland has brought criticism upon himself and DOJ for not communicating with the American people. Biden promised not to interfere with DOJ and he hasn’t. But, there is a communication black hole that is just wrong. Hiding behind fear of looking political is absurd. His silence encourages the crazies who happen to be Republican.

How about, going forward, there are no more Republican appointments by Democratic presidents ? These kumbaya appointments only go in one direction and fool no one. Republicans will not work with Democrats and giving them high level jobs is just stupid.

17 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I think one big difference is that there is still some agency allowed for the daughters who are raised this way. Generally speaking, daughters in American Christian culture can still choose their own husbands, maybe subject to some parental approval, but they can also elope if that doesn’t work.

In the more severe Islamic countries, marriages are arranged by the parents and the daughter has no say at all. And if she tries to run away, the consequences are much more severe.

9 Likes

It would be much shorter if the legacy media dealt with any of it like they did, say, Gary Hart or Biden’s age.

14 Likes

WaPo:

Trump is leading in 5 of the 7 battleground states.

The Trump campaign played the theme from “Titanic” at the Montana rally—music from a movie about a ship that sank.

There’s something Freudian about that.

40 Likes

All true, but it’s a difference of degree, not kind.

3 Likes

Don’t remember the Duggars promoting higher education after an unknown number of years in Mama Duggar’s one room schoolhouse on a planet that is only 6,000 years old.

8 Likes

Five will get you ten that he expects that better golfer to let him cheat to win.

Edit: Dang it, I see @ClutchCargo got there first.

6 Likes

The NYT/Siena poll is a week newer than the WaPo average of 11 different polls.

30 Likes

Does anyone question that Newsmax or RT would give weather reports more favorable to a Trump administration?
And, if you’re. Donnie, what more do you need?

3 Likes

There is currently a debate over whether the government should switch to a service model in which private industry builds, launches and maintains weather satellites and then sells the data to government customers. My opinion is that that change is not going to happen.

Prominent among those government customers are the various branches of the military, who require accurate weather forecasting to carry out operations. And the government agency procuring the next generation of polar-orbiting weather satellites is US Space Force (which is really just part of the Air Force).

13 Likes

Donald Trump called Kamala Harris a “bitch”—the same week she made him hers.

34 Likes