You Asked For It, GOP: Full House Will Vote On The Process For Impeachment | Talking Points Memo

On the heels of a court ruling affirming that the House does not need a floor vote to launch an impeachment inquiry, Democrats will do so anyway.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1258611
1 Like

54 Likes

The boos speak for themselves:

This is not “caving” to the GOP. Nancy P. Has decided that she has the votes and it’s time.

95 Likes

Thank you for excellent strategery, Madam Speaker.

57 Likes

Let 'er rip, Madame Speaker.

But don’t forget the sanctions on those a-holes that broke all the rules while you were on bereavement. They need to pay the price for their President-sanctioned antics. Enough is enough.

50 Likes

I guess she finally got the votes properly whipped. Good for her.

19 Likes

So much for the Al-Baghdadi Donnie Deflection Drama…

Constitutional Karma, baby…

40 Likes

Any bets on how Tulsi will vote on this one?

22 Likes

However Putin wishes?

41 Likes

On the heels of a court ruling affirming that the House does not need a floor vote to launch an impeachment inquiry, Democrats will do so anyway.

Right move.

Should have come earlier, but still the right move at this time.

Kudos.

Other than Amash (now an Independent), I don’t expect a lot of defections from the other side, which is just a shame.

11 Likes

Personally, I don’t think a vote is necessary for the same reason I didn’t think the grand jury in John Gotti’s cases needed one but …since this proceeding is directed more at the Senate than it is at The Whiner in the White House…ok

And I like the photo of Ali standing over Liston.

11 Likes

Just when Trump decides process doesn’t matter, Pelosi hits him with this.

31 Likes

Nobody is above the law.

best regards,

Nancy

63 Likes

Next GOP excuse:
We cannot cooperate with these partisan impeachment proceedings which barely passed along party lines.

48 Likes

Pelosi must have a pretty good idea on how many votes she’ll get or she probably wouldn’t be doing this. Will be most interested to see how many Rethugs have acquired spines.
Go get em Pelosi!

26 Likes

UnAmerican! TheSe hearinGs should be Held behinD closeD dooRs. In secret. ThiNk of ALL the leaKing that WiLL happen at public Hearings. Due prOceSS?

64 Likes

— thread.

And, other than GOP enabling and sandbagging, Trump without an impeachment defense plan or strategy. Sad.

25 Likes

Throw that one out - the Clinton impeachment was also along party lines. So, no.

10 Likes

Who?

6 Likes

No defections but plenty of defecations.

22 Likes