“Wrong!” Trump Whines Over Fauci Testimony On COVID Surge | Talking Points Memo

I have already heard the Trumpster reply to this: “Doctors are listing any death as caused by coronavirus so the numbers are fake!” Morons.

3 Likes

Great observation. I suppose the run-up to Hitler and Mussolini had elements of what you describe, but I don’t recall ever hearing that.

1 Like

Uh-oh. Getting my mask and then off to the store for snark meter batteries.

3 Likes

If we just close all the hospitals, there would be no illnesses at all.

2 Likes

They, support, endorse, vindicate the ignorance already extant among their viewers.
And their faithful “avoid the MSM” to avoid “fake news” – as if Fox isn’t part of the MSM with false info.
Fox has been doing long-term and maybe irreparable harm to our society.

2 Likes

i can see why his mother would fear him…as a boy. he had the support and direction of his father… she was probably afraid of both of them…she had to get out him of the house and away from his siblings.

1 Like

It is truly a shame that Dr. Fauci, as an epidemiologist, fails to understand such simple epidemiological principles as “a virus only spreads through testing.“ Thank God we have a leader like Trump who can see through the simple things that epidemiologists and others who believe in science and the scientific method simply overlook. MAGA!

2 Likes

How to say “The stupid, it burns.” in Portugese…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1289929398938869760

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

(deleted)

I agree that in many ways this situation is uniquely, well, deplorable, a completely foreseen disaster. But I took a lot of history courses myself and you certainly do see a pattern of otherwise sophisticated societies drifting into disasters they certainly should have foreseen and avoided. World War I comes to mind. One factor was the assumption that because the modern weapons of the time were so devastating, war would not be entered into lightly. We make that same assumption today. Just saying. It really is a pattern.

3 Likes

I mean, Trump apparently is subjecting himself to multiple tests per day. Think of how much courage that embodies, where he’s risking an infection and becoming a case every single time! Truly inspiring.

/s

2 Likes

Yes I mixed my “I can’t recall” statements up quite a bit. Surely you are correct, a country self-destructing is a reproducible phenomenon. In those cases my “I can’t recall” statement meant that I haven’t been privy to the mindset of the average frothing idiots who rushed to the polls to vote for their own destruction in those historical cases. Unlike in the time of Chump, I am experiencing this first-hand and I AM privy to the ravings of the benighted.

With that said, I don’t know if a fairly free society ever voted from the bottom up to self-implode. Regardless of what the top-assholes are conniving to achieve, nearly 40% of the population here is cheering it on…the crazier and more destructive, the louder they cheer. And if that ever DID occur somewhere else in time, I don’t have transcripts of what that historical 40% could have been thinking. But today I know it chapter and verse. It is one thing to have a nation beat down and forced under pain of death to mouth the words of Dear Leader and undergo that kind of Govt. enforced brainwashing. In the U.S. these people were snookered and tricked; BUT they did this willingly nonetheless and put up no resistance. They invited the vampire in enthusiastically.

ETA: I said above that the 40% cheer loudly their top assholes. But I meant to add that the 40% has a completely different agenda from their corporate puppet masters and R politicians. It has been mindblowing to try to watch the Corporate Rs who really have an agenda and huge resources, vs. the R politicians who are trying to placate their paymasters while keeping their rabid mindless rubes satisfied. They are in total disarray, they had a smooth system before Chump. Voting for no healthcare, unlimited guns, a vast die-off from disease and economic collapse, green-lighting rogue incestuous corruption, and kow-towing to the Qniverse has become a huge quagmire that the Legalized Corruption and Profiteering establishment was not ready to countenance.

1 Like

I think you’ve got it here. I think they are.

Back in the day, the media industry — which followed a journalistic discipline, which followed community regulation, which self-censored program ratings — began to turn in the late-1970s, accelerating through Reagan and Limbaugh to today.

It’s pretty clear media is now more business than public service, so it isn’t surprising who owns the microphones today ; - )

Going forward, however, it appears unquestionable that the digital revolution is changing how everything works.

2 Likes

Good catch, thanks for the correction.

Oh, no doubt, and I did sort of stipulate that I certainly agreed this screwup was uniquely boneheaded and I wasn’t trying to quibble with you. For all the patterns ever visible, every situation is unique, and you put your finger on it saying this thing happened from the bottom up. Trump found he could appeal to say the worst 40 percent of us by being his uniquely awful self, and he started winning pluralities because of it. We could talk about what happened after but the things just snowballed, in a word, and here we are. And again, we see a thing that’s happened before—the elites who tried to ride and co-opt the phenomenon eventually get swallowed up in the ensuing chaos, which they damn well deserved, and so it goes. We both could have told them, but they didn’t ask us.

1 Like

I just don’t see a concerted effort from the Dems. I don’t see a strategy and purpose. Yes, any candidate can go and talk about kitchen table issues and emphasize healthcare. I believe there are enough mics and cameras, even if they are mostly corporate owned. I just don’t see Dems building up a storyline. They have always been much less effective at simple messaging. They are doing OK this time around, but it seems completely focused on Chump. If ever there was a time to drop dry policy and go for the emotional plea, and reach into voters guts and grab them, now is the time. And it would be so easy to paint everything R as a failure, show America what happens when they get control, and destroy the R Senate this election. Attack Chump, sure, but make sure you start by highlighting Moscow Mitch and the local Senator as the spineless, cowardly, and traitorous malignant growths who betrayed their oaths in order to enable him.

Instead, the Lincoln Project is getting great word-of-mouth, visibility, and doing all the heavy lifting and strategizing. There is a ton of money and not much in-person politicking to spend it on. Ad spots on every broadcast platform and mic-time is what remains. I don’t watch MSNBC or CNN constantly, but what I do see is a lot of Ds who DO get mic time rolling their eyes and throwing up their hands about Chump for 4 years. As the election closes in, we CAN destroy the R party but not if we focus on Chump and just hope his 2nd degree taint on teflon Senators is enough.

1 Like

And her instinctive (or well-practiced?) hip-twitch to shake his hands off. Gaud that was gross.

And it’s just one tiny thing that went unnoticed by the vast majority of people.

4 Likes

Everyone would know he was faking it, he doesn’t like dogs.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available