Without The Votes, House GOP Now Says Electorate Can Just Go Ahead And Do The Impeachment For Them

Republicans have been saying a number of things publicly, and more in private, over the last few days to save face on their doomed impeachment inquiry into President Biden, which has served as a Trump retribution effort and Fox News round-the-clock programming-filler since Republicans took back the House in 2022.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484067

Without The Votes, House GOP Now Says Electorate Can Just Go Ahead And Do The Impeachment For Them

OK. I’ll be impeaching Chiselin’ Trump for them.

37 Likes

And as more and more Republicans acknowledge publicly they don’t have the votes to impeach — Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN), a member of the House Oversight Committee, told NewsNation Wednesday night that Republicans maybe never had the votes — they’re getting more and more creative in their face-saving endeavors.

You mean being one of the most successful Presidents in the past few decades isn’t an impeachable offense? Shocker.

30 Likes

“ Without The Votes, House GOP Now Says Electorate Can Just Go Ahead And Do The Impeachment For Them“

Couldn’t they have just started there?

19 Likes

“Ultimately the American people will be voting in October or November to decide whether or not this president is suitable for office,” Garcia said.

Soon to be followed by the GOP DEMAND that ALL persecutions/prosecutions of Trump cease immediately because, “Ultimately the American people will be voting in October or November to decide whether or not [the former] president is suitable for office.”

16 Likes

The House GOP expected that Democrats were just as corrupt as them, so it would be easy to find crimes for impeachment. But it turns out Biden isn’t a mob boss running his party as a criminal racket. Who knew? :roll_eyes:

36 Likes

“Ultimately the American people will be voting in October or November to decide whether or not this president is suitable for office,” Garcia said. “I think he’s got enough other challenges and failures under his belt that the impeachment probably wouldn’t even affect the outcome of the election.”

Name one or two.

20 Likes

The electorate already did that in 2020, but the guy just won’t go away.

18 Likes

Not rolling over and playing dead for the House GOP.

9 Likes

This whole thing is just dumber than a box of rocks - or better yet - a hundred head of sheep. (At least the sheep produce wool). What do the ReThugs produce besides bullshit ? They are so predictable they are not even good at “Reality Tee-Vee” anymore.

The have become the textbook illustration of pathetic.

7 Likes

Chanelling TS Eliot:
This is how the impeachment ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

21 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [I was told this is not a complete sentence and could not be posted, so try this]

OK, dumbasses, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

20 Likes

They’ll make them up and have their captive media headline what would otherwise be non-issues.
Ya know, urban crime, which makes New York City the most unfraught it’s been in the fifty years I’ve lived here.
Clearly, something’s gotta be done about that.

6 Likes

How about that Trump made fun of Biden’s stutter?

Good grief.

7 Likes

Put the Biden CriMe family in peaches. Corrupt. They won’t put Any evidence forward they’re NoT!

4 Likes

House GOPers have never been able to present any evidence of the high crimes and misdemeanors supposedly committed by the President, and their star witnesses admitted as much in the first impeachment inquiry hearing.

The party’s over, it’s time to call it a day
No matter how you pretend
You knew it would end this way
It’s time to wind up the masquerade
Just make your mind up
The piper must be paid

6 Likes

Heh.

That reminded me of “Dandy” Don Meredith serenading Howard Cosell on ABC’s Monday Night Football when the result of the game was no longer in doubt.

Turn out the lights
The party’s over
They say that all Good things must end
Call it a night
The party’s over
And tomorrow starts
The same old thing again

6 Likes

THIS! Yes, sadly, this is exactly the truth. They can’t even imagine an honest person in the office of the president. This is exactly the problem we are facing!

20 Likes

I’d say the most successful President in the last five decades

(Assuming you co-credit him as veep for the ACA.)

But that’s just me…

30 Likes

As cynical as the orange guy is.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available