With Sullivan Winning Alaska, Dem Senate Hopes Hang On Georgia

Incumbent Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-AK) has won reelection, according to CNN and the Associated Press, leaving all Democratic hopes of Senate control hanging on the Georgia runoffs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344150
1 Like

May Stacey Abrams become the Queen of Karma…

12 Likes

I ask you

Three electoral votes. Three. The population of the entire state is well under a million.

14 Likes

AK

AKA the State that elected Caribou Barbie and Don “Bridge to Nowhere” Young…

8 Likes

Biden is going to win PA by a bigger vote count than drump won AK. But yeah…

8 Likes

But the way Ivanka’s carrying on here does make me wonder if Trump is disconsolate and refusing food at this point. This is just weird, like trying to jolly up a kid whose dog died.

8 Likes

Pinning our hopes on two runoff elections in a historically red state isn’t filling me with a lot of confidence. Yes, Biden won there this year (by a razor thin margin) but runoff elections tend to favor Republicans. My fingers are crossed, but I’m far from confident. I’d give our odds at maybe 50/50 of picking up either seat in January. I’d give us a one in five shot of picking up both.

6 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Untitled

6 Likes

Seeing as how Manchin already announced he’s going to vote with the Republicans on anything that matters, we need to ALSO quadruple efforts for 2022, when the R’s will be defending a lot of vulnerable seats, but we’re going to be dealing with total obstruction in the lead up. Going to have to fight like dogs for every inch and keep people motivated to vote for us.

3 Likes

Maybe this is why Jared insisted that every respirator GM built also have a paper shredding feature.

6 Likes

“Democratic hopes of Senate control hanging on the Georgia runoffs.”

“The Georgia Runoffs”?

Sounds like something tourists get an hour after visiting the pork-rind stand at a NASCAR race.

14 Likes

Under absolutely NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should any of the political hacks from this administration, including Trump and his family, be allowed access to security briefings. Even redacted. I have zero doubt they are grabbing what they can to sell on the black market or to blackmail someone.

2 Likes

Well…this leads me to believe they are either:

1. Trying to find intel dirt to toss at Dems…or use as blackmail.
  2. Trying to cover up or shred donnie’s malfeasance
  3. Both
3 Likes

Georgians, do you want another term of Mitch The Grim Reaper McConnell to control what legislation is voted on?

If your answer is NO! Then you MUST VOTE WARNOCK and OSSOFF Jan 5, 2021.

PLAN YOUR VOTE!!! All AMERICANS ARE DEPENDING ON YOU GEORGIA!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

5 Likes

Dan Sullivan is a carpetbagging thug from Ohio. I sold my RPM stock when I learnt that his family owns the company.

3 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

OT
Just ran some errands driving around rural South Jersey (Salem County). Noticed some “Trump 2020” signs have been added or replaced with “President Trump” flags. They’re new.
They’re likely not going to be removed either and will be part of the future narrative no doubt.

4 Likes

Stolen from the LP,

“So the media can call elections.”

2 Likes