With Millions In Donations, Celebrity MAGA ‘Sponsors’ Bankrolled 97% Of Arizona Audit | Talking Points Memo

That’s a very good point. Hopefully it will be looked at carefully by the Jan 6 committee.

As we see the list of fraudits growing, I sure wish the DOJ threats would stop and more looking into what exactly they’re doing would start.

3 Likes

O my god. I’m stunned.

3 Likes

According to Governor Ducey:

[T]he mechanics of elections cannot be in question, and therefore all third-party money must be excluded going forward to avoid any possible allegations of wrongdoing.

The less state election administration is influenced by outside groups, the greater honesty, openness, and transparency there can be in elections. RNLA applauds Arizona Governor Doug Ducey for signing HB 2569 and looks forward to other states enacting similar legislation in the near future.

Galling from Republicans who are absolutely ok with taking private funds for their fraudit.

The real reason they are passing these laws:

For the Republicans, the funded counties’ votes increased by 46 percent more than the rate at which unfunded counties increased. For Democrats, funded counties’ votes skyrocketed upwards 81 percent more quickly than they rose in unfunded counties.

emphasis mine

To be clear, their argument is we need to ban this because it causes more people to vote. Just another data point in the GOP’s crusade against Democracy.

3 Likes

It’s like this

Guess what that baby is doing to his pants…

2 Likes

Fuck yeah! Christo-fascists eat my dick!

1 Like

It’s a BFD.

4 Likes

Yeah it is.

3 Likes

And yet, in MO…

“Some people in Missouri are dressing in disguise and begging doctors to not publicly reveal they’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine”

Perhaps Fox has waited too long to cya? Time will tell. My guess is, some will still refuse, but more will give it up and go get the shot, especially if some are already sneaking to get it. How sad to be in a cult of personality so warped that even in your own mind your personal healthcare has to be managed in secret and you don’t see that as a problem at all.

4 Likes

When that clown Vos bails you know the tents are coming down at the circus.

3 Likes

This is phenomenal reporting Matt. Thanks for exposing this to the public!

2 Likes

It was slim. I don’t know the number either.
… … …
Been watching the Olympics. As far as swimming I hafta watch with the sound off. One of the announcer’s voice rises about 5 octaves during a race and it makes me wanna rip my ears off. But thankfully I am already partly deaf. The other announcer is obsessed with the ages of the female swimmers and it is incredibly sexist and seriously annoying. I’m a guy and I find this guy’s obsessive referencing age of women inexcusable. An announcer could say this is the kid’s debut on the Olympic stage at a young age and leave it at that but to speak of it every other word gets angering to me. So the sound is off.
… … … …
OK I looked up the margin here in AZ as to Biden’s win
There were 3,333,829 votes cast state wide here in Arizona as certified by our Secretary of state.
Biden’s margin was 10,457 votes. A margin of 0.3%

2 Likes

Michael Schiavello

TFG totally invented Infrastructure because he knows how to build stuff, right?

2 Likes

In all, outside groups contributed $5.7 million to the audit, lead audit contractor Cyber Ninjas said in a statement.

This whole situation reminds me of how Peter Thiel destroyed Gawker.

He had a beef with them, but failed to prevail in court. So he shopped around to find a plaintiff whose case could do the trick, and then bankrolled it. (For pocket-change.)

Apparently now rich people can spend unlimited amounts of dark money to challenge any election outcome that doesn’t go their way. And even if the challenge doesn’t prevail, a sloppy audit can render the election equipment unusable and even damage records from the election, which imposes a substantial cost on the public. And the rich person, who is probably not a local, doesn’t even contribute to the replacement via taxes.

So:

• rich person creates a political puppet by bankrolling a doofus with no job skills but some charisma and the right sense of grievance
  • if doofus wins, great! rich person now owns an elected office
  • if doofus loses, rich person pays a mercenary to trash that jurisdiction’s election infrastructure and records, and then tries again next cycle; and in the meantime, rich person can try to bribe or outflank-with-lobbyists the person who did get elected
1 Like

That philandering tax evader with the bad hair is just smarter than they are.

Trump is just upset that Biden’s Infrastructure Week turned out better than his.

3 Likes

You raise an interesting point. The money funding the audit appears to be mixed – part public funds, part private funds. For me, that raises at least two questions:

(1) Where private funds are contributed to a government project, does that essentially turn them into public funds that have to be accounted for?
(2) If they are not public funds, do they still have to be accounted for because they are being spent on a public project?

These are real questions, not rhetorical. I’m wondering if anyone here knows how this works?

3 Likes

Only he can build it.

Ehh…

*Who’s Irene?

When you pay good money like that, you expect a product tailored to your exact specifications!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available