With Millions In Donations, Celebrity MAGA ‘Sponsors’ Bankrolled 97% Of Arizona Audit | Talking Points Memo

Groups run by by pro-Trump celebrities who’ve campaigned for months on the lie that Donald Trump’s second term was stolen for him have collectively given millions of dollars to the sham “audit” of Maricopa County, Arizona’s 2020 election results, constituting the vast majority of the audit’s funding. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382839

Betting they are feeling like they didn’t get much for their money.

Also betting none of those $$$ are going to go toward replacing the voting equipment they destroyed.

24 Likes

Teevee Announcer: “Welcome to the Pennsylvania ‘Election Integrity’ Audit, brought to you by Toyota…”

#It’sComing

29 Likes

I’d like in on that bet. Those fools got taken by a grifter. I love to see RW millionaires get ripped off. This whole sham is starting to smell of toxic mold.

18 Likes

It’d be nice to know how the list of fraudit donors overlaps with the list of coup funders.
Somehow, I sense a commonality of purpose.

16 Likes

That describes so much rightwing fundraising that its hard for me to believe that they don’t know much of their money is going to waste.

16 Likes

In my humble opinion (which ain’t worth zilch) … any Goober member of the Arizona Senate who voted for this travesty of a ‘fraudit’ held over the last several months ought to be run outta Arizona altogether and told to go live elsewhere and take their bullshit Qanon inspired “theories” with 'em.
I live south of Phoenix in Pima County but had I been a resident of Maricopa county and knowing these charlatans were gonna be handling my ballot… and attempting to invalidate my vote… my voice… well my state reps and senators woulda been hounded far more than they were by me. And one last thing. Multiple emails to both my state House Rep. and State Senator have so far gone unanswered. Doesn’t matter that I am represented by democrats. I am still pissed that this shit is taking place at all.

16 Likes

I’m sure they know. Only the chosen can join is the point. It’s performative.

14 Likes

They should have to pony up for the replacement voting machines.

22 Likes

There’s a MAGA sucker born every minute.

P.T. Barnum (updated)

14 Likes

That’s a pretty broad definition of “celebrities.”

14 Likes

Was a total underachiever.

20 Likes

"The abuse of buying and selling votes crept in and money began to play an important part in determining elections. Later on, this process of corruption spread to the law courts. And then to the army, and finally the Republic was subjected to the rule of emperors" ~ Plutarch

15 Likes

So how soon before Toyota ends up buying up all the unsellable surplus MyPillows for use as airbags?

13 Likes

Meanwhile, back in Grifter City…

19 Likes

What I would like to know- how much of all that money going to Cyber Ninjas is going to the workers vs how much is for all that management “talent?” i.e HOW BIG IS THE GRIFT?

13 Likes

How much you wanna bet he takes credit after it passes? Because you know he will.

17 Likes

The Arizona Republic’s Jenn Fifield noted an error in the release: the individual contributions listed add up to $5,661,514.43, or $50,000 short of the stated sum.)

Of course, their math errors are simple clarifications that should easily be forgiven, but corrections between batches of vote tallies on election night are proof of a conspiracy.

18 Likes

It speaks volumes that the morons that form Trump’s “base” (a noun and an adjective) pretend not to notice that this “audit” was ethically compromised from the jump. It’s like they’ve been steeped in corruption for so long they don’t even know how much their own shit stinks.

11 Likes

The same folks who want elections to be called quickly can’t get their shut together to recount one county in less than 3 months.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available