Who Lives And Who Dies? Bursting COVID Wards Force Docs To Make Dire Decisions | Talking Points Memo

Dr. Jeffrey Pothof is flipping towards the last page of his pandemic book.

Yeah, there’s a book.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1346019

The Incomprehensible Evil of Mitch McConnell
His denial of needed funding already passed by the House is his doing alone.

28 Likes

So now we have “death panels” for real. I’m sure we’ll be hearing outrage from the usual Obama “death panels” suspects, right? Hello??

32 Likes

Bursting COVID Wards Force Docs To Make Dire Decisions

Wish this weren’t such an evergreen article.

14 Likes

Certain I read this story in April, yet 7 months later, this country is worse off than ever. Trump and the GOP deserve the absolute worst of what should be coming to them over the next few months and years for killing over a quarter million of us through purposeful inaction.

20 Likes

El Paso, Texas, has spent the last month watching its ICU beds fill up. County Judge Ricardo Samaniego told the Texas Tribune

In response to this ongoing crisis, the white house has announced the deployment of the US navy hospital ship Mercy to El Paso.

29 Likes

It’s come to this – again. Every hospital, every state government, every doctor, saw what happened early on in Wuhan, what happened in Milan, what happened in New York. They saw the reckless policies play out. Politicians inserting themselves between science and the citizenry has not been a successful approach.

21 Likes

This is the example that appears in the dictionary by the definition of “understatement.”

11 Likes

Lock this country down. And, I don’t mean 25 people per restaurant and bars open till 10. This is beyond ridiculous. Yes, I know people are worried about places going out of business, but things can be revived. Thousands and thousands dead cannot be revived.

21 Likes

But will it get past the “private” Wall that’s falling into the Rio Grande? Inquiring minds want to know…

7 Likes

They’ll fire the captain when she runs aground.

8 Likes

And here, finally, are the promised death panels that Sarah Palin talked about a couple of decades ago.

I don’t think she ever expected her own party would have created them out of whole cloth.

17 Likes

Too bad it’s not the Covid denying T**** worshiping MAGAs down the road from me In Huntington Beach

3 Likes

As we see the actual “Death Panels” that Republicans falsely and in bad faith predicted would result under the ACA, and now doctors triage and decide who must be denied care and die, Republicans just do not care.

12 Likes

Doctors should decide who lives and dies.
Trump and McConnell should be called in through MSM, Twitter and any other means because only Trump can fix it and Mitch backs him.

He won’t, that will show them ingrate Pasoans not to try to collect from him.

11 Likes

What they actually believe, but will never openly admit, is that if there were no Medicaid, no Medicare, and no Obamacare, there wouldn’t be this need to make rationing-of-care decisions. The free market would deliver fantastic care to those who can pay, unburdened by the need to worry about anyone else. There is a coherent logic to this viewpoint, just not one that any decent human being should abide.

12 Likes

Republican Death Panels are on the job choosing who lives…and who dies…

3 Likes

It did not need to be like this. The health care system in the U.S. maybe on the verge of collapse and Trump is watching TV, tweeting, playing golf, and suing states and municipalities in order to over turn the election.

14 Likes

I’ve got a bad feeling about this…:grimacing:
This will not end well.:confused:

ETA: Trump’s words keep echoing in my mind…” I don’t take responsibility at all .”
Such. A. Fucker.

11 Likes