Where Republicans Are Set To Gain The Most In The Great GOP Gerrymander Of 2021

After dedicating years to winning on the state level, Republicans are poised to deepen and lock in their structural advantages in a redistricting bonanza. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387338
1 Like

Win that election then run for the next one. Governing? That’s for losers.

21 Likes

Everywhere you look, and everywhere you don’t, GQPers run around all day every day doing all manner of evil. Like a horde of cockroaches loose upon the land.

10 Likes

I’d like to hear Stacy Abrams’ take on how to manage the upcoming House races in these states.

These people can gerrymander and all that, but against a coherent force of well-meaning organizers, they mightn’t succeed, UNLESS the Repubs actually do start stealing elections, instead of accusing others of doing so.

16 Likes

They are already setting that stage in Georgia:

Expect other states, like Arizona and Texas, to follow-suit.

20 Likes

Pima County, AZ is unlikely to steal an election … I enjoyed seeing the ballot counting by webcam and the daily tally of one of the real recounts done by actual trained people, not the cyber ninja bullshit. Now, Maricopa County, AZ I cannot speak for…

11 Likes

Dear Founding Fathers: your disproportionate rural representation system is destroying the entire experiment of representative democracy, and there’s no escape hatch. Oh well! Better luck next nation!

17 Likes

Time for democrats to get with the program and start returning the favor where they have control. It’s distasteful, but unilateral disarmament just gets you killed in this kind of fight.

They should gerrymander the GOP out of existence in New York and Illinois. That could net them 5+ seats, which might be enough to blunt the wave.

8 Likes

Goobers will try to steal what they can and they’ll surely blame it all on democrats.

6 Likes

“and the fact that the environment next year will likely be Republican-leaning”

The real news here is:
Man Can Predict Future

It probably doesn’t merit placement above Aliens Replace Hunter Biden, but y’alls call.

9 Likes

If Dems are going to get blamed anyway, they might as well go for it and give the other side something to complain about.

6 Likes

Though the county’s actions in delivering one cheerful “fuck you” after another to the AZ Senate’s Fraudit has been very entertaining to watch.

8 Likes

17 Likes

The problem is that repugs would raise holy hell and the SCOTUS would sit up and take notice because dems gerrymandering is somehow different than repug gerrymandering, because god or something, divine rights etc.

7 Likes

Fuck Manchin.

7 Likes

Yeah because everyone so LOVES the bold stances of republicans in the face of the covid disaster.

“Serve me up some more of that!” isn’t coming out of many mouths these days.

6 Likes

Everyone knows that upstate NY is more red than blue, while it’s the opposite in IL. IL is blue on top, and red on the bottom.

2 Likes

Nah it’s blue where most people live and red where most people don’t.

14 Likes

Fucking problem is everyone worries about the next election so nothing gets done!

Fuck people just do something.

2 Likes

Did I mention the incoming, inevitable, unavoidable widespread violence?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available