Where Republicans Are Set To Gain The Most In The Great GOP Gerrymander Of 2021

What would be really entertaining would be the Goobers losing their majorities in both chambers for the first time in 52 years (for either chamber).

9 Likes

CA lost a seat. Unfortunately it wasn’t CA-23.

12 Likes

Kevin, don’t whine and cry when you or someone you love gets ill with covid. Just. do. not. go. there. Mkay?

5 Likes

I absolutely HATE reading articles like this, prognosticating doom and gloom for Democrats in 2022.

18 Likes

I recall the 2016 election. It seemed around 2013 or so, the commentary was that election season had started, so nothing significant could get done on the environment.

And dumbass me in 2013 thought how awful. Nothing will get done until Hillary can get in (2016), make a budget (2017), pass it, distribute the money (2018), and then start to effect minute change (2019).

What could have been accomplished…

7 Likes

Yep always waiting or working for the next election.

2 Likes

Once or twice.

10 Likes

DeSantis and his desperate – and failing – efforts to push back on the large number of folks at the local level who just insist on trying to do the right thing and protect the citizens they serve is reminding me more and more of the East German SED in the last days of the GDR. When the leadership at the top has lost its legitimacy, they might still bark orders, but what if the people no longer obey them?

16 Likes

Good reason to do it then, so we can have suits contesting red state gerrymanders on the same docket as suits contesting blue state gerrymanders. Make those robes squirm.

18 Likes

And people wonder why DeSantis and Abbott and others don’t give a FUCK about their sinking polls?

END. GAME. MOTHERFUCKERS.

4 Likes

It should be pointed out that “consent of the governed” is still a thing and this is anyone’s game.

Also the unruly are significantly out numbered and know that. Regular people are getting more and more pissed off and they are NOT rolling right.

Cons may drool about a brute force take over but they know know they have neither the brute nor the force.

It will be their blood in the streets.

4 Likes

If the Supremes end Roe, the Democrats will get votes in the suburbs that will blunt the GOP. I expect in that case we will have a lot of damage done in lame duck special sessions.

9 Likes

Did I mention the incoming, inevitable, unavoidable widespread violence?

Oh, I assure you…it will be everyone’s.

There are ways to uplift, but we manage to strike out most of the time. Lucky for us not everyone is gloomy.

2 Likes

Isn’t this sort of thing par for the course in human civilization?
It’s hardly a news flash even if there has been relative peace for some in the US for awhile.
Probably depends who you ask.
Seeing as how it’s around 9/11 it kind of reminds me of that nonsense I heard at the time where people said everything had changed and would never be the same.
My response was: the only thing that has changed is that now cushy whites are experiencing what the whole damn world has been experiencing for centuries, which is arguably a change in a narrow sense but in the big picture not particularly.

5 Likes

We all fret over, again, the threat of violence by a vocal minority. But at the end of the day the vast majority of these fat asses that have spent thousands on guns don’t want to actually fight.

Larpers, posers, call them what you will, you are afraid of paper tigers.

I spend all my money on my wife’s retirement plan btw. I won’t be there.

4 Likes

Fair.

On the other hand, cockroaches actually do meaningful work in the proper environment. Currently, Republicans not so much.

5 Likes

Weren’t they already?

7 Likes

Also fair.

1 Like

A horde of very hungry cockroaches. Their foibles are foibles that are killing people. Health. Abortion rights. Right to vote. Undermining democracy. Torching the planet. They need to be slammed real hard, no punches held.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available