What The House GOP’s Targeting Of Ilhan Omar Is Really All About

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

A floor vote to remove Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from the House Foriegn Affairs Committee could come as soon as today after a flurry of late night activity to check procedural boxes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1446948

What The House GOP’s Targeting Of Ilhan Omar Is Really All About

• Woman
  • Black
  • Muslim
  • Liberal
  • “Doesn’t know her place”

… oh … and it wins them points with their base when they gratuitously crap on "those people "

83 Likes
34 Likes

Cancel Culture Club

Is that Boy George’s new band?

34 Likes

Hope not!

1 Like

Score one “oh, snap” for Judge Mehta.

14 Likes
7 Likes
13 Likes
39 Likes

On that community service thing - If that $500 gets donated to a food bank, assuming food banks are allowed in DeSantis’ Florida, the food bank can multiply the value of the money by using it as matching cash. Also assuming the judicial folks don’t keep it for donuts and coffee.

14 Likes

Watch Trump Plead The Fifth

The former president invoked his 5th Amendment right not to incriminate himself some 400 odd times in last summer’s deposition by New York Attorney General Tish James. CBS obtained some of the video of the deposition. Watch.
… … … … … …

No thank you! Watching the orange fat guy take the 5th is not how I want to start my day. It is not “must see TV”.

29 Likes

Youth Culture killed my dog.

7 Likes
12 Likes

… … … … … … …
DeSantis might characterize a food bank as a liberal “woke” enterprise. He doesn’t give a shit about hunger or poverty. He wants Florida and then America to be a land of fascism with him as dictator for life.

16 Likes

Ilhan Omar?

Since the most radical faction of the GOP now runs it, I would say the Republican’s have numerous problems with Ilhan Omar:

1. Female.

2. She is not white.

3. She is not christian.

4. She is not white christian nationalist.

34 Likes
  1. Look at her skin, it’s like she never does meth!
26 Likes

https://omar.house.gov/

3 Likes

He’s in trouble for saying worse, but this observation is still a 'chef’s kiss".

18 Likes

Fucking OUCH.

7 Likes
10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available