What The House GOP’s Targeting Of Ilhan Omar Is Really All About

In my experience there are very few conservative types working or volunteering in the feed the hungry biz. Where very few approaches zero.

22 Likes

If anyone is wondering why, blame Jann Wenner.

7 Likes

“Youth culture killed my dog”

“But the hip hop and the white funk blew away my puppies mind”

TMBJ
“Youth Culture”

13 Likes

That’s a band that should be in the R&R Hall of Fame IMO.

8 Likes

It still shows the hypocrisy of their Santos argument that he was duly elected and so should represent his constituents.

Ilhan won her re-election with 75% of the vote. Probably a whole lot more than Santos won by. So her constituents don’t count (because they’re Democrats)???

In other news:

CNN: “The New York attorney general’s office is asking a judge to sanction former President Donald Trump, his adult children and their attorneys after taking issue with their legal responses to the $250 million fraud lawsuit filed last year.”

I don’t understand what the sanctions would do. I understand it from the point of the lawyers, but the civilians?

What Kind Of Justice Is This?

IOKIYAR - you know darned well anyone else would’ve had the book thrown at them.

Judge MEHTA’s sarcasm just drips off the page here in response to the defense’s complaint about tables

Hopefully, when the decision and sentence are rendered, he’s a bit less sarcastic. Nail 'em.

24 Likes

I volunteer with a senior assistance outfit. Politics has never been brought up in our discussions of what clients might need as far as small home repairs, getting driven to doctor appointments or the grocery store (see, some seniors cannot drive due to infirmity) or the every two week delivery of groceries that I do. I don’t do this out of a political motivation anyway. It’s simply giving back to my community.

20 Likes

The Republican Revenge Tour marches on. They call it “governing”.

16 Likes

You forgot immigrant and refugee.

13 Likes

The six fascist scotus ‘justices’ are damn near to the point where they’ll have “We really don’t care, do u?” embroidered on the back of their robes.

In your face corruption by arrogant assholes.

35 Likes

On Lawrence O’Donnell last night, he ran a clip job of TFG saying “only guilty people take the Fifth Amendment”. And in TFG’s little spiel before each question, Lawrence noted that TFG NEVER SAID “Fifth Amendment.” What a whiny jackass.

18 Likes

Isn’t targeting her bound to increase this extraordinary leader’s visibility? A luminous figure like Omar can make good use of the new attention.

21 Likes

I am sure you and this crowd knows this…but rich people are not like you and me!
When they ‘volunteer’ or ‘donate’ they want the paper and tv stations there. They want to make intangible contributions for Heaven Points or to get their name on a building or plaque.

14 Likes

They say she is talking.

25 Likes

Kevin McCarthy is Speaker of the House in name only. He is the Charlie McCarthy of the MAGA House coalition. That makes him a dummy.

31 Likes

I thought that teeth was a higher indicator of meth use.

6 Likes

20 Likes

OT:

Because I am today years old since I learned the term piobaireachd (a genre of art song for bagpipes), I thought I’d share the first example of it that came up in a quick Google search, “Farewell to the Laird of Islay.” It’s easy to poke fun at the bagpipes, but this music has, for me, an undeniable grandeur.

18 Likes

Plus, she is smart and articulate!

8 Likes

UPDATE: As texaslawyer correctly points out, this seems to be a misinterpretation of a joke. We don’t know what he was told to provoke the joke. From Raw Story post yesterday.

A Punchbowl News comment cited Raskin earlier saying that he is moving to ensure he can wear headgear on the House floor while he gets treatment for his cancer diagnosis. Raskin was seen wearing a bandana on Tuesday while on Capitol Hill. He argued to the site that if they didn’t let him wear it he’d complain about the toupees of the other members violating the no head adornments rule. Punchbowl asked McCarthy about it and said he’d not heard anything about the request.

Raskin told Raw Story he was kidding around with that comment.

50 Likes

Depends on whether they smoke it or snort it, I can spot a regular user a mile away by how their skin looks.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available