What’s It Like At Liberty University Right Now? | Talking Points Memo

Inquiring pool-boys want to know…

7 Likes

You were surrounded by Brits. Did you expect to hear laughter?

3 Likes

Where the hell is Fallwell? Holed up with his wife and pool boy?

2 Likes

enjoy the room and board they’ve already paid for

He tried to avoid letting the truth slip out, but he couldn’t quite do it. There must be no interruption to the revenue and by all means NO REFUNDS.

Many of those kids are going to get very sick. A few are going to die. All for Falwell’s bank account.

7 Likes

Lynchburg is a charming and historic small town.
The residents have a love-hate relationship with the school.

They like the jobs for locals, and the income for businesses it helps generate, but they dislike Falwell and his attitudes.

7 Likes

“At the student center, students dutifully stand 6 feet apart in line for their pita wraps and salads.” I’m actually surprised the sell pita wraps at Liberty University. I would have assumed that the people running the place would reject pita as “Muslim terrorist bread” or something like that.

5 Likes

You libtards know nothing of the Bible!

8 Likes

Jerry Falwell is just trying to fulfill the prophecy of the “big liability lawsuit” when one of these Liberty students or employees gets sick.

4 Likes

Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Right there in the Bible. Jeremiah 23

A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.
2 Timothy 3-4

"If anyone causes one of these little ones–those who believe in me–to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Matthew 18:6

7 Likes

Is anyone else curious as to what the “fashion” department or a fashion degree from LU looks like?

3 Likes

The Trevor Noah segment you posted was excellent. Trevor was asking some basic questions that never seem to be asked by media people: How long does it stay in the air, can we get it from handling groceries, are we immune if we get it and recover.

And, as always, Fauci’s knowledge is bankable. Recommended viewing: :+1::+1:

7 Likes

The students will learn something when they see their classmates and families fall sick and die. But Falwell is nothing compared to corporate America continuing to cash in on a crisis. For one example, hotels that remain open get some of their reservations from on line booking sites that ask no questions other than where and when and a credit card number. The traveler then hops on a airliner to flee his particular virus hot spot and shows up at the hotel with a reservation. All this happens without any of the two week self isolation that the host state has on out of state travelers. The hotel employee who has to work the front desk with inadequate PPE, has no clue that they are being exposed to a hot risk customer until the traveler hands over their driver’s license. Result: Long distance dispersal of virus end running public health for a few lousy dollars of profit. The hotels and airlines and booking companies will assure us that they haven’t done anything wrong because they haven’t been indicted. They might also point out there is no national policy stopping them.

4 Likes

He will shortly be martyred by his fellow fake Christians.

1 Like

Unlike the South African missionary, Spradlin’s faith was not strong enough.

https://www.facebook.com/landon.spradlin/posts/10158051823023688

1 Like

“I think we have a responsibility to our students — who paid to be here, who want to be here, who love it here — to give them the ability to be with their friends, to continue their studies, enjoy the room and board they’ve already paid for and to not interrupt their college life,”

Note how Falwell twice emphasizes the students have paid money (that he might have to refund goes unsaid)

4 Likes

It’s a “very secular and very shallow field” but only “seemingly” …

@susanintheoc

2 Likes

Yes, they’ll learn that they themselves were chosen by Gawd to survive. As evidenced by that fact that they survived.

That will be the first and last lesson learned.

9 Likes

I see a dept. that uses LOTS of fabric.

2 Likes

Thank you, TPM for running this article.

When the news first hit that Liberty was planning to reopen, I was hopeful, but not at all sure, that most students would not come back. If Liberty’s numbers are correct (and I think their estimate is probably high - 1,900 on a campus of 15,500), that is only a 12.2% return rate. I would have been pleasantly surprised by anything lower than 50%, so while anything over a 0% return rate is bad, the current 12.2% with Liberty’s own optimistic projection of 32.2% is an indicator that the Falwall/Trump hold on evangelical Christians is starting to fade.

6 Likes

Well …

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

— Matthew 6:31-32

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available